Pastry's RP shenanigans

I. Basic Info 

• Characters: X'Yeukiih Tia
  • Primary character: X'Yeukiih Tia
  • Linkshells: None
  • Primary RP linkshell: None (yet...)

With my luck of not getting into the beta, I only have a rough idea on the type of character I will be playing. But every character has to start somewhere right? I'm determined to get it done right and hopefully in a lore friendly manner.

Anyways with that said, I'd love to be able to meet n' greet everyone as best I can as well. Drop a message i'll leave my skype down below. 8-)

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium to Heavy. I have my days where all I want to do is RP and my days where I don't want any part of it. But mostly I lie somewhere in between. I enjoy playing the game as well, and I love to RP while leveling, dungeon crawling, ect. but I also understand some of the people im with don't so I stick to OOC for that. In the end it boils down mostly to who im with at the time but for the most part I do try to stick to being IC as much as possible.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Lets face it, RP combat is unavoidable. At some point somewhere maybe even years down the road of having your character, you are going to be involved in it. It's an organic part of the life in a fantasy game so I embrace it even if my characters don't. For the most part I try and keep it down to /roll or a consensus of who the victor is before hand. In the end, so long as godmodding is not involved I am a okay.

That said, I do not believe that a characters level or gear influences their chances of victory. If people want to duel to find that victor then all power to them. It's just not my style. To me, level and gear are purely part of the OOC experience. They are only meant for the game and to me have no influence. Another reason comes from how one plays their characters IC. I could be a max level top 5% pvper but my character (more often or not) would be played as a younger more apprentice type, still learning the ropes so to say. So my OOC skill level wouldn't really fit with my IC skill level and this could easily be put visa versa.

• Views on IC romance:
    Yes. It is an organic part of any RP and I embrace it in full. Be it in an IC relation myself or rping with two people in one I actually enjoy the mushy mushy of it all. That being said I agree it should all remain IC and none of it bleed OOC. If I really need a stance on ERP then well, if it happens it happens. Meh, either way frankly.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Oh this is always a fun one. Having a pre-set relation with another character in what ever way seen fit is always such a nice touch. Not only does it help a character feel more real by all ready having friends and relations it is a great way for someone newer to the community to feel more comfortable stepping into a new place. I for one would love to have something set up like this.

• Views on lore:
    Lore is there for a reason. It sets a stage for a whole new world with back storys and events that effect what ever character is there, PC or NPC.  I believe it should be followed to an extent. I wouldn't expect a newer person to know the ins and outs on everything about the game but a basic understanding, (And i do mean very basic) would be nice. Knowing lore also makes it possible to make a character who is against the norms of his races lore to a believable degree. So even then it helps :P 

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Pretty much standard stuff. Anything considered an IC channel should be treated as such and all chat not in (()) should be counted as IC. Any other channels not designated as IC is free game really. Trade chat/troll chat ect.

III. Other Info 

• Timezone:-7 GMT(Arizona mountain time)
  • Contact info:Skype: pastry-army

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]