(Unsanctioned) Nophican Sermons & Prayers

(A skinny elezen in white, holding a book, addresses the people milling about the communal courtyard in a Mist suburb bedecked with gaudy decorations and painted eggs. No one is  paying him much attention. If you catch his eye, and linger to hear him speak, you might see him looking at you most gratefully as he carries on:)

A prayer for Hatching-Tide

Tonight the Dreamers are gathered to summon the Twelve Archons, hoping to call them back to us. Whether or not they do so, I thank them for providing us with so much joy, and camaraderie, and delicious chocolate eggs. Sometimes we forget there is glory also in humble servitude, as much as there is in any grand gesture of spiritual power.

Hatching-Tide.. Some argue that Hatching-Tide disguises a crisis of faith. That in our desperation to prove the existence of the divine, we foolishly grasp at footprints the gods might have left behind - a curiously shaped stone, sacred trees, visions - or perhaps, a nice egg, in these trying times. And some fear we may end up revering these symbols more than we love the gods themselves.

I think there is no such cause for alarm. Whether the Archons are summoned or not, I believe in the Twelve. For you exist. And you, and you, and you. Our lives, our fragile yet persisting existences in all the vastness of creation - is this not proof enough of something divine?

So I pray we may enjoy the egg hunts and puzzles for what they are - a good excuse to bring our miraculous lives together in fellowship and harmony - and thus, a celebration of faith in Our Lady Nophica, giver of life, at the very least.

Matron’s blessings on your path, wherever it may take you.