Homecoming for a Wolf

I'm finally home.

After a long few months aboard the airship the Longpatrolman, I have made my way back home to Limsa Lominsa. I believed the tethers that bound me here broken, but after a time with the crew of this privateer company, I'm reminded that I never really am able to leave my city or Eorzea, but simply turn away from her for a time.

I am conflicted as I walk through the sun-bleached stones of my city. Adulation that much is the same, yet curious at how much is different. Terror, too, at once more not knowing anyone, having severed contact with many people as I attempted to rearrange myself and my priorities. I don't expect warm welcomes or even open arms, and so I enter this city like any fresh piece of flotsam arriving to dock. I will make my way home and will lend my arm to a better cause.

Not to infer that the duty of the Longpatrolman was selfish, exactly. I still believe that its intention of exploration and recovering artifacts was a suitable and worthy endeavor for my talents, and it brought about no lack of tales to tell. Still, something inside me stirs me to an action that is greater than any mission an airship crew can provide.

Today, I will rest. Tomorrow, I begin the task of seeking work that will help me towards leveraging my new strength and determination to some greater good. It is my hope that this good will not serve a government or a king or a sultanate, but will help people. I have at least a couple of leads in that regard, and hope that following them will bear fruit. But that is tomorrow. For now, I miss the ale of the Drowned Wench, which is not a sentence I ever thought I'd write.