Tivahlt/Mali's RP Style

I. Basic Info

• Characters: Tivahlt Grimmgeist, Mali Bloodscythe (both are stubs. I have too much stuff to do, I can only work so fast!)
  • Primary character: Mali Bloodscythe, but I flail about between characters a lot.
  • Linkshells: None yet
  • Primary RP linkshell: N/A

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    All of the above, depending on the scenario. If I'm doing game things solo or with non-RP players, I'm in light RP mode and not going to RP. If I'm not doing anything important (grinding, sitting in town, etc.) and an RP character comes up to me and starts RP, I will join in. If I'm around primarily RP players, I'm in heavy RP mode and will assume everything is RP unless told otherwise.

If you aren't sure what to do, send a /t my way! I love RP, but that's not the only thing I play the game for.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Yes and yes, but with exceptions. I will do combat as long as the other person does not go god mode and start controlling the fight. So if you say, "Slappy McAwesome moves too quick for Tivahlt Grimmgeist to dodge and stabs him in the heart," I will say, "no, that is unfair," and stop playing with you. Possibly forever.

If you injure my character via broken bones or stab wounds, I will go seek out a healer (or spend time healing myself) and the character will be injured for a while until they recover. I would request that you don't actively seek out to permanently disable my character, such as severing a limb or removing eyes/tongue etc. If we establish during a battle beforehand that serious shit is going down (death, dismemberment, etc.) then I will accept it within reason (see god mode rule above).

If you kill my character in an honest fight, I will die. I will be sad that I can't RP as my super awesome character anymore, but if it was fair and square I'm not going to call BS. Generally, though, I'm not going to do any heavy fights that involve permanent physical character consequences unless I *really* trust you as a player.

• Views on IC romance:
    Of course! I enjoy RP of all kinds, and romance is a great way to explore characters and let them grow. (Plus, Tiv is a flirtatious little bugger anyway.) That said, I don't do erotic RP. I don't fault anyone who does, it's just not really my specialty for various reasons. If you want to have sexual encounters with my characters (and I openly accept them because they are a part of most romantic relationships), I'll do it as long as the stuff after kissing and agreeing happens during a "fade to black" moment.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Family relations would be difficult...but being otherwise related to my characters (same place/area/etc.) is cool with me as long as you run the idea by me first. Since my characters don't really have completed backgrounds right now, though, I'm guessing that won't happen anytime soon! xD

• Views on lore:
    I like lore, at least the stuff that is easily accessible here or elsewhere. Lore is fun! I also like to slap lore in the face and use it like my plaything, but even with the craziest bullshit I try to keep it at least close to lore...or at least inspired by it...I'm open to lots of new ideas and spins on the vanilla stuff, is what I'm saying. If you start saying you're Bahamut's daughter/son/demonspawn or a traveler from another dimension, though, I might have trouble suspending my disbelief...

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I'm open to whatever. In 1.0 I RPed in all of them at some point. If it was personal stuff happening (i.e. not stuff you want random players to hear while they run around quest hunting) I'd usually make a party with whoever I RPed with, though. Really, it's up to whoever I'm playing with.

III. Other Info

• Timezone: PST (-8 GMT)
  • Contact info: Skype for RP: tivahlt.mali
    Skype for unrelated stuff: chaosmali
    Email: [email protected].

If you can't reach me from one of those, I'm probably dead.