New FFXIV RPer! Trying to get started!

Iron

MMORPG background
I once played WoW a long long long time ago for a couple months but never picked up. FFXIV is the first MMORPG I have truly played and got heavily involved with and cranked about 2,000 hours out here on Cactuar!

RP experience
My RP background is few and far apart. Used to be pretty heavy into it with a few RP servers with characters made up for stories that we wrote. I haven't done any RP in this game or other MMOs. The only game RP I have really did was solo ones I made in Fallout 4 and Skyrim by creating narratives that stemmed differently than the games built in story mode.

Other than that over the last year it has been a few casual RPs with friends and my SO.

Character ideas/info

I am currently still trying to build my character and flesh out ideas. As of right now about all I have for the character is:

• Au'Ra / Female / Xaela
  • She is a quiet and reserved person who used to love adventuring and mercenary work but hung up her career after losing her sight during a contract gone south. Losing her sight reaped a massive toll on her pride and her abilities forcing her to leave her greatsword in the closet. She isolated herself and coped with heavy drinking after this loss brought upon her own mental instability. After some time her friends helped her to try and navigate the world again and try to get her strength back. This quickly taught her that her new limits will no longer let her play a their stalwart defender and again she sunk. Time moved forward yet again and yet again her friends helped her to stand back up and find new passions. She became reliant on her own hearing to feel out those around her and her surroundings.
  • I am trying to think of a way to progress her to learning how to 'see' by aether but I am trying to find a way to do it tactfully if that is even possible without entering 'uncreative' or 'op' territory.
  • As well thinking of ways for her to find new passion and love in expressing a personal freedom through dance (AKA SHB got me to switch from DRK to DNC because boy howdy did it make me feel something special).
  • She's a work in progress. A young dumb adult who drinks too much but a work in progress and creativity and by god I will polish it up in time through trial if I have to.
  • I attached general pictures of her

How did you learn about the coalition?

Literally googled for RP groups and found this as a good place to maybe start and find my way lol

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

Looking to be a heavy RP type player. May at times default to medium pending work and life and health!

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)
I work as a premium audio saleswoman for an audio and home theater integrator. So if you want speakers for 2.0 Stereo music or 9.2.4 Atmos or more I am your girl or you wanna listen to an $80K pair of speakers or $250K pair why not! Plus I work with home automation as part of the whole home theater side of it since it integrates nicely. Works keeps me very very busy but I at least have a set schedule that doesn't deviate too often except during holiday periods.

My hobbies generally involve playing ffxiv, now this, playing with my dog, and cooking!

ffxiv_10082019_222931_569.png

ffxiv_10082019_222146_863.png

Edited by Iron