Long-time roleplayer, new to FFXIV RP

voidwalking

Hello all! I've been thinking about trying to get into rp in-game for awhile now.  Going to mostly just stick with the template because it's easier to follow.

MMORPG Background:

I started out playing Runescape waaaaay back in 2008, as it was the only thing my PC could run at the time.  After I stopped in 2011 or so I didn't really play any MMOs until I got my PS4 and got hooked on FFXIV.  2 years later I've switched to PC and I'm still hooked, even if I do take breaks every so often.

RP Experience:

Started roleplaying way back before high school in long-since defunct chatrooms before largely switching until forum roleplay until, well, now really.  I've been doing forum rp on and off for 5 years or so.  I'm completely new to MMO rp though, but look forward to trying it out!

Character ideas/info:

I kind of wrote this up in one go because I was having trouble figuring out an idea and some of the lore still needs some working out but here goes.  My character is a Miqo'te that lost her father at a young age to voidsent possession.  He was (to her knowledge at least) a fairly innocent traveling herbalist, so to this day she's suspicious of exactly why he got possessed.  Her family found out about it when his corpse was delivered to her mother, E'thoya being just in earshot when the official explanation was given.  She grieved, the rest of the family moved on, and E'thoya... took up thaumaturgy as a young adult then became a voidhunter in her own right.  It's a decidedly different path than that the life of an herbalist, her father's plan for her had he not died, but it's a path all the same.

(I have an info page for her here as well. It dives into her personality and stuff a bit more than this synopsis.)

How did you learn about the coalition?

Googled 'ffxiv rp' awhile back.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

Light or medium to start I suppose?  I work a lot and I'm still new so I don't want to get too in over my head yet.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)

I work a full-time job, so my freetime hours are limited to weekends and after work.  I'm also working the night shift for the next month or two so I'm on from 2PM-9PM typically on weekdays.

If you're interested in doing something with my character feel free to let me know!  She's technically on Goblin but I world visit to Balmung and Mateus a lot.

Edited by voidwalking

Hey there, my friend and I are also both new to the XIV rp scene (but long time roleplayers on other platforms).

I just posted my little 'making connections' thread and saw this after. Would be totally down for getting together in-game sometime to set up a meet'n'greet, if you're down. Just lemme know.