Imsey's RP Directory (main: Zha'li Vael)

I. Basic Info

• Characters:  Zha'li Vael
  • Primary character:  Zha'li Vael
  • Linkshells:  The Whispered Spiral, CTPA
  • Primary RP linkshell:  The Whispered Spiral

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I'll probably sit around the medium level of RP, shifting either way as the need or mood strikes.  I do, however, want to play through game content, preferably in character.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I think the persistence of injuries and consequences to actions lasting makes an RP more interesting.  While I'm not certain I'd enjoy RP combat, if things were worked out clearly ahead of time I might be game.  Permadeath doesn't sound appealing at all.  Even if leaving the game, I'd want my characters to remain just in case I come back.

• Views on IC romance:
    I'm perfectly willing to roleplay romance if it comes about organically.  That said my current character (Zha'li) is not seeking romance, and likely wouldn't engage in anything serious without his mother (the tribe matriarch) giving her blessing.
    As it matters to some, I'm a married female IRL.  I keep a clear barrier between IC and OOC, and am willing to roll with various gender pairings.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I would really love to have some non-romantic ties, so please send me a PM or let me know if you'd like to!  I would prefer it planned out ahead of time so that my character can, you know, actually recognize his old friends or family when they approach him.

• Views on lore:
    I love lore.  I'm new to FFXIV, so I'm doing what I can to catch myself up on it of course, but I do try to keep characters within lore.  
    A couple important notes:
    I believe in considering the in-game story and mechanics as a part of the lore when at all possible.
    I also believe in exploring concepts and possibilities not explicitly laid out.  If Square hasn't specified something, then I find a bit of theorycrafting fun.  If Square later does something to prove me wrong, then I'll adapt.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    A newbie to MMO RP, I'm going to pick this up as I go I think.  Seems most use parenthesis or brackets for OOC, so I'll likely follow suit.  I won't RP in shout, largely because the shout channel in general is invasive to me.

III. Other Info

• Timezone:  PST (I think that's -8 GMT)
  • Contact info:  PMs are always welcome, I'm not scary in the least~

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]