Uhhhh, Hello!

Amlin

Hello! I'm really terrible at these introduction things, but here I am xD. I'm a 26-year-old female who has 0 ideas what she's doing IRL and spends way too much time on the computer for my own good. I discovered FFXIV through a friend (who isn't on here (as far as I am aware) and primarily began a main character Miqo'te on Goblin that I've familiarized myself with the game on. I haven't been in the game for very long. In fact, my introductory subscription ends tomorrow, so I guess it's only been 30 days? Though I've already chosen a much longer subscription period (might as well cover the cost of several months while I can, right?). Although I've already reached the end of Heavensward and am starting Shadowbringer, so I'm not unfamiliar with the game mechanics and all of that. However, I wanted to get started with roleplay and discovered this lovely sight through a Reddit page when looking up information on FFXIV's roleplaying community.

• MMORPG Background
    • To be honest, I haven't done many MMO's. I used to play WoW many years ago, and I played Aion about a year ago and done some off and on MMO playing, but usually, I don't play MMO's because my friends don't? Getting into something as social as MMORPG's tends to be a little hard for me when I don't have anyone to play with already.

• RP Experience
    • Well, in MMO's obviously just about 0. In general, though, I've been roleplaying since I was 13. Usually on post-based sites. I don't really know if I have to explain this, but in a basic explanation: a back and forth roleplay where each person writes out paragraphs of narration and dialogue to form the story, on sites where there's already a plot and story. So I'm not new to RP!

• Character Ideas/Info
    • Oh man, right now, I'm not entirely sure? I just started a male Midlander Pugilist/Monk on Balmung, who I intend to have a darker personality, but I'm still coming up with more than basic details in my head. I'd quite like to make a history-nerd Lalafell at some point as well, who's probably going to start off as an Arcanist and eventually be an Astrologian, but for that, I'd like to become more comfortable with the Lore myself, so I don't get any of that wrong. I'm sure plenty more ideas will come though if knowing my past character making experience is anything to go by (plus, it's awfully fun to play around with the character creation and see what kind of unique but good looking characters can be made, ideas will inevitably flow from that, and my presets will probably beg for freedom).

• How did you learn about the coalition?
    • Fun fact, I read that as "What did you learn about" at first, and I was a tad confused. But I also already explained this in my introductory paragraph! I learned about it through Reddit while looking for more information about the roleplaying community of FFXIV! I already knew that Balmung was considered a play for roleplay, but wanted to know if there was a collective place where rp'ers came together off-site, and well, I'm not disappointed.

• What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)
    • I admit, I'm not 100% positive what those terms mean in this context, but I guess light would mean little roleplay and heavy would mean mostly if not all roleplay? Assuming that's correct, I guess more medium with a leaning towards RP. I do have my non-RP based character on Goblin after all, but my reasonings for joining here is to be primarily roleplaying. Of course, I'm not going to be super-hardcore - while I'm totally fine with roleplaying my character 24/7, I'm not, for example, going to fret if I'm put in a situation where that's not feasible if that makes any sense at all? Aka, I want to RP a lot, but also I'm okay with situations where I can't.

• Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)
    • Uhhhhhh, I'm okay with sharing most things, I just don't really know what to share.e I'm female, 26 years old, turning 27 in October. I live in the US. I'm not in school and am currently unemployed due to everything going on, so I'm mostly spending my time bored online. I can code (at least HTML and CSS, although I am learning Javascript and jQuery!) and enjoy making themes for roleplay sites and every now and then even do a commission or two. I'm also learning to make models with Blender (I'm on the doughnut tutorial, does anyone know that?). I like reading... and gaming? I'm into fantasy genres and will probably be lost to the world at least for a week when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out in November (praying that it's not delayed again, at least).