Ishgardian himbo looking for connections. (LT RP)

Hi there!

After a long break from FFXIV RP I decided to come back. My god, it's lonely. I'm after making contacts / friends / enemies / frenemies with a new character, Aden Fey.

About Aden:

Aden is a hyuran midlander, Ishgardian born and raised at the Foundation level. After losing his parents at a young age he was raised by the Ishgardian clergy, and, of course, growing up in an institution at the time of the Dragonsong War was not ideal. Or healthy. Abuse was rife within the institution, and as result, Aden lost a lot of his emotional capacity. Essentially, he displays sociopath traits*, most markedly being total inability to feel empathy. 

Unfortunately, Aden feels the changes which happened to him were a spell, or some other punishment via the clergy. He doesn't understand that the problem lies within him. After growing up, and getting deposited into a position as a manservant for a well-to-do subservient house affiliated underneath Dzemael, the Dragonsong war ended. Aden left Ishgard, hoping to find a 'cure' for his affliction, and thus came to southern Eorzea investigating any and all rumour of anything mystical or enchanted.

*Disclaimer! Aden is not a 'villain' type character. Nor is he an 'antihero' or a 'victim'. My intention with this character is to roleplay someone not quite in-tune with society or the way it works. While popular media villainizes sociopaths, Aden isn't a Bad Guy. He's just oblivious- but notices the way people look at him sometimes for saying or doing things that seem perfectly natural to him. He'd give anything to be normal and a large part of the plot I have in the works for him is multiple attempts...     

Preferences:

• Ishgardian characters: Absolutely preferred, but not a dealbreaker if your character isn't. Aden tends to get on better with Ishgardian types, but he's more than open to any kind of interaction with anyone. If your character is Ishgardian though, I have a large preference for clergy / inquisitor / highborn / lowborn types with a good understanding of the nation and how it works. 

• Long-term contacts: Important! I'm not into one and done scenarios. But please keep in mind this isn't to be a millstone around your neck! If, hypothetically, our characters don't really get any sort of benefit from talking to each other, then let me know and I'll be more than fine with it. 

• A check: I describe Aden as frenetic himbo energy because his lack of empathy means he tends to be oblivious to nuance and tends to react inappropriately to things while acting like he's sweetness and light. Your boyfriend cheats on you? Your cat gets ran over? He'll probably laugh, and think the matter hilarious because he read somewhere that humour fixes everything, and treating the matter with humour is right, right? ...Wrong. Please contain. 

• A guide: As I've explained above, Aden is a character that sees the world in a very limited way. Having someone he trusts (Trust can be earned with multiple RP sessions, it's not something to be expected right off the bat) explaining to him what's a good thing to do and what's a borderline nuts thing to do would be appreciated. He needs it. He really does.

• Treasure hunters / salvagers / historians / researchers: This is a big hook for me because Aden is very, very interested in these things. 

• Mentor-type RP: Aden is probably the worst culinarian in Eorzea. It's sad. Please help.

OOC Preferences / About me:

I'm 21+ and would prefer to roleplay with people of the same age group. I'll stretch to 18+ but no lower, please.

I'm GMT (UTC+1) so timing might be an issue. I will try though. Where there's a will, there's a way. 

I'm not averse to romance, but it really does have to be earned. While Aden identifies as gay**, his interactions with like-minded people have been very closed. In the past, he's hooked up with people because of a need. I'd love to do things differently, and have him learn to do things differently.

**Disclaimer! While Aden is gay, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in roleplay with female characters. There's more to life than bumping imaginary uglies, and he'll take contacts of any gender. I'm more than open to forging (non-romantic) relationships with female characters, so please don't let that put you off!

I value well-thought out characters and interesting themes, as well as effort put into roleplay. I'm not the RP police, I won't tell anyone off for typos, and I don't want to sound like an asshat, but low effort is the best way to put me off.  

If you've made it through all this, congrats! I hope Aden's someone you'd be interested in finding out about and sharing a plot with, and I'm looking forward to any/all responses. (Fingers crossed.) 

Edited by aure