Mara's RP Profile

I. Basic Info

• Primary character: Mara Sutton

• Linkshells: None, currently

• Primary RP linkshell: N/A

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Mid-Heavy. I can lose myself easily in my characters, but I also like to be a little more casual about RP at times and get to know some of the people behind the characters I'm traipsing around with. So don't be afraid to drop into OOC chat while hanging out with me - just so long as you differentiate between the two so I know which is which.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I won't do anything to your character which would cause any injury without your consent to do so. I expect the same courtesy.

• Views on IC romance:
    If it's something that both players agree upon, then great. Go for it, and best of luck to you both. Personally, I'm open to the idea (as well as the practice). However, Mara isn't on the market for a meaningful relationship, for various reasons. Negotiable for past flings, however.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    These can be fun, so long as people aren't resurrecting dead relatives. For example: Mara's parents are both deceased. If someone shows up trying to RP as either of them, that's not acceptable. Kinda iffy on relatives who suddenly come out of the woodwork that I had no knowledge about, too. Okay... More than iffy. If you simply show up in-game claiming to be Mara's long-lost twin sister, you WILL be shot down. If you wish to bring in some sort of "long-lost relative," please contact me and I'll be happy to see if we can hammer something out prior to your character showing up out of the blue.

• Views on lore:
    I'm not a lore whore, nor do I appreciate those who constantly correct every single little tiny detail I might miss. I know enough of the lore to keep things realistically believable within the limitations of the game's setting, though, so I won't be breaking it all to pieces. I'm simply not a Nazi about it. As long as it's doable (or you can explain how you think it is in a reasonable, non-convoluted way that makes sense with the current conventions of the in-game universe) I say go for it!

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    /say is great for RP out in the open, public arena. It gives you the opportunity to pull in other people who you might not know and potentially find yourself a new buddy, either IC, OOC - or perhaps both! Private conversations that other players/characters shouldn't be privy to can stay in whispers or party chat. If a certain LS is meant to be in-character, then one should remain as IC as possible when speaking within that particular chat. (But I don't mind people going OOC for a good night shout-out or other brief moments like that.)

III. Other Info

• Timezone: Eastern (EST/EDT) = GMT -5

• Contact info: email: [email protected]; PM on this site; Enjin: MagicGirl

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]

• 3 weeks later...

Looking For Interested Parties

There are a few people from Mara's life who I am looking for someone else RP in order to help flesh out her personal/social life better. Here's the basic information on these characters. Any characters with a strike-through are roles which have been filled.

The Missing Uncle - Mara's father had an older brother, who was the original heir of the Sutton Trading Company, but he wanted to be an artist rather than take over the family business. When he left home to pursue his dreams, he was disowned. No one has heard from him since and no one knows of his current whereabouts, so it is entirely feasible that he's still alive out there somewhere and could someday return. Would definitely be a Midlander Hyur; may or may not share the same surname as Mara. (It's highly likely he changed his entire name after he left home.)

Various Lovers - Mara's been a bit of a loose woman over the past few years. While she's never gotten into an actual relationship with anyone, she certainly has a list of men she's been "involved" with, some more often than others. She's had elezen, hyur, and miqo'te lovers, so this one is open to all males (sorry ladies, she doesn't swing that way) of those three races who would have had reason to be in the Limsa Lominsa area at any point in the past 3-4 years. For those playing lalafell and roegadyn men: She would have flirted heavily with members of those races, but she isn't attracted enough to them to actually end up in bed with them. (However, with the amount of perversion I've noticed in some of the lalafell NPCs, I would really like to find a male lalafell who she has a sort of recurring flirting relationship with: full of innuendo but they've never actually hooked up.)

Crew Members - Mara took over her mother's ship, The Bonny Rose, shortly after her arrival in Limsa Lominsa (with the help of her mother's former first mate). Within a year, she had a crew and they were off seeking adventure and treasure on the high seas. These men (and women) are very loyal to her - to the point that they went against their "do no harm" honor code and viciously massacred an entire ship full of men who had captured and tortured their captain - and when Mara decided to go back to Ul'Dah for further training in thaumaturgy as well as to try to save her family's business she extended an open invitation for any of them to come to her should they ever need something.

The Betrayer - One of the biggest mysteries in Mara's life is who was behind her mother's death and why. It is quite possible that Amalia Sutton had a brief affair with one of her usual adventuring companions - none of whom Mara or her father actually met - and that could have possibly led to a jealousy-induced plot to kill her. (Think of it as one of those, "If I can't have you, no one can!" kind of situations.) It might have been a plot born out of jealousy because Amalia had a better life waiting at home than one or more of the others in her party did. Or they simply could have been paid off by someone to do it. It's a great, big question mark right now. All I know is that someone betrayed Amalia and the rest of her party and either led them into an ambush or took them all out. The exact who and why are up in the air, and I'm open to pretty much anyone who wants to take this role on. Just step forward and we'll see what we can work out.

If you are interested in filling any of these roles, please feel free to contact me using your preferred method of communication from those listed above. :)