[A handwritten journal with writing that seems to have aged quite poorly, the writing hard to decipher much like a little kid's writing would look.]

I thought it might be a good idea to keep a journal as I start my new life in Eorzea. It is bizarre how different the landscapes are, nothing like what I knew. Someone let me stowaway on a boat headed to Limsa Lominsa, they call it, it is a pirate city and I think I overheard people mention that it has a place where you can learn to summon creatures that can help you from your aether.

I headed there and they gave me a book full of all kinds of spells. As of right now, I don't have much I can summon, but I can summon this creature called a carbuncle. It's really nice to have something to keep me company. It was raining again today, which meant I had to find a spot to rest... I haven't found anywhere to stay yet, I will have to go find somewhere that will take me in. I guess I never thought this far. I have time, but for now I am going to bed.