Nice to meet you!

Hi there! I'm Nachte! (Knockt) I'm super excited to find such an amazing roleplay community for FFXIV! Its got me even more excited for the official release of 14.

--MMORPG background

I played Ultima Online for 4 years, then I played ff11 for five years (RDM main 4 lyfe) after that I played Wow from launch until about mid Cata as a main tank and raid leader. I've played other mmos for shorter stints here and there. I've basically been playing mmos since I was about nine years old! ( so about 14 years now, wow haha..) 

--RP experience

I've been rping for arguably longer than I've been playing mmos, but I've always struggled to find a RP home in a mmo besides ultima online. I usually rp over skype  or whatever chat program was big through the years. And occasionally through forums, haha! I really hope to find a group of friends in ff14.

--Character ideas/info

I'm planning to play a miqo'te male whose a bit of a city rogue. Someone who is charming and maybe a little distanced from his people's way of life. I haven't decided if I want to start in limsa lominsa or Ul'dah! (I'd like to be a gladiator and go pld but wow for rp purposes I'd rather be from the salty sea dog city state!) Once I decide I think that'll help me form a lot more of his character!

I am a woman in real life, though I tend to I guess cross play a lot, regardless of what I'm rping in be is tabletop game, mmo, or forum/chat rp. 

--How did you learn about the coalition?

I found a link for it on the beta forums while they were deciding the new fresh start rp server! Boy I'm glad I did, what a huge community of rpers.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Probably a medium level rper, I also greatly enjoy tanking and dungeon delving and the fact that you can have multiple linkshells means I'll probably try for a pve oriented free company and rp oriented linkshells. (Linkshells are still the best thing ever added to an mmo, hands down.)

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I'm an artist! I work a grueling retail job while I attend college, but I also take freelance graphic design and illustration commission work on the side.

In fact here's a warmup sketch of Bastion, my planned miqo'te. (I've typed mithra like four times by mistake so far) 

500x363http://puu.sh/3vbsM.jpg[/img]

( I can dream about red mage getting added, maybe even as a viable melee hybird??)

I'm planning to play on gilgamesh, because I would like a fresh start! I hope I can help the community grow there! 

Welcome in!

Hehe, another caboy. :P

I don't know how hybrid you can get in FF XIV ARR...

I know back in 1.0 it was doable but not easy to be something akin to a Red Mage (Gladiator/Conjurer... but you needed a lot of stats).

You seem to be more limited in how many abilities you can use from other classes than the currently used one, now.

We'll see!

Red Mage would be really nice to see anyway!

(Gladiator/Conjurer... but you needed a lot of stats).

You seem to be more limited in how many abilities you can use from other classes than the currently used one, now.

We'll see!

Ah man yeah I wouldn't try something like that in 2.0 that's for sure. But I hope we see a red mage class (maybe from leveling gld+con?) a melee dps focusing on enspells would be cool. 

But who knows, this isn't ff11 after all haha, and I'm content to play PLD! ( and maybe try out WAR)  

also man, I'm worried male miqo'te are gunna be a dime a dozen but I've wanted to play one since ff11 launch. (There was a real moment of vindication when I saw a female miqo'te run buy with the same pants on but they were short shorts and mine were..pants. Finally. )

also man, I'm worried male miqo'te are gunna be a dime a dozen but I've wanted to play one since ff11 launch. (There was a real moment of vindication when I saw a female miqo'te run buy with the same pants on but they were short shorts and mine were..pants. Finally. )

To be honest, maleqo'te aka catboys do seem pretty popular!

I remember even in 1.0 som people wanted to play one so bad they made the most tomboyish female miqo'te possible and RPed them as males.

But now we have them!

I like being a less often seen class/race myself but... honestly? I think it's more important to play what you want than to play something more unique. You can be unique through your RP, too.

Posted by Kossori - Today 05:52 PM

Welcome to the community. Hope to see you around on Gilgamesh come Phase 4 / Release!

I'll be one of the rascals on Gilgamesh myself, glad to have you aboard.

Yes! haha, I'm excited for it!

Posted by Asyria - Today 06:00 PM

I remember even in 1.0 som people wanted to play one so bad they made the most tomboyish female miqo'te possible and RPed them as males.

But now we have them!

Wow that's pretty crazy! But yep glad we finally have them! I usually like playing a rarer combo too, but I guess I'll just have to shine with my charming wit and silver tongue this time!

Posted by Alothia - Today 06:00 PM

Welcome welcome! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask or check out our guides that are posted around.

Also, awesome art! Love it! (Is super jelly of anyone with a modicum of artistic ability)

Ah yeah, I'm hoping to find some people to rp with or hash out character personality with on skype maybe or on the forum, I think I saw a thread about that. I'll have to search again. I've never gotten to rp in this setting so I'd like to practice before launch!

Also haha thank you! I'm sure I'll end up drawing a buncha stuff.

Posted by Nel Celestine - Today 06:18 PM

hellos! nice ta meet cha

Hey there!

Posted by LandStander - Today 06:26 PM

Hello, and welcome, cat man! Now come over here and lay on my keyboard so I can take pictures of you!

3vezg.jpg

Sure thing, lamb.

Posted by Rock Sandbourne - Today 06:30 PM

*Bows and waves*

-Salutes- Hello!

Posted by Scarlet Willow - Today 06:48 PM

Hello and welcome~! Hope to see you in game C:

Also wow wow! Your art is wonderful~

Heyo! And thank you!

Posted by LandStander - Today 06:26 PM

Hello, and welcome, cat man! Now come over here and lay on my keyboard so I can take pictures of you!

3vezg.jpg

Sure thing, lamb.

....Nice.