Newbie checking in, hi!

Greetings everyone,

This will be my second weekend of FF XIV and I'm excited to get back into it.  I noticed the RPC thread in the beta forums and thought I would give this a shot.  I've never RPed in an MMORPG before, but I have a decent amount of experience with Dungeons and Dragons table top gaming. 

Edit:  My name is Scott, I'm 27 and I currently live in Florida with my beautiful wife and three cats.  I work in federal environmental cleanup / pollution response and I'm usually free most evenings to do whatever.  As I mentioned above, I like D&D (even moreso with beer :lol: ), I like having Seinfeld marathons with my wife, and I like to draw. 

My character is Elcas Duskwind, an Elezen level 14 Lancer, who enjoys dabbling in the crafts.  Not much history yet, but that will come in time. 

I guess now I go to the Linkshell section and look for people to hang out with?  I would certainly like to make some new friends, so if you're around Gridania, feel free to add me :moogle:

Edit: I know I'm supposed to get hooked up with an LS, but this is a bit much to take in at once and I don't want to commit to any one group just yet. If anyone would like to quest together however, I'm up for that. I would even roll a new character to be in your region, if that's convenient.

Welcome aboard.  Linkpearls aren't like guilds anymore, that's what Free Companies are.  Linkpearls are chat channels and you can have eight, so you're not committing to anything by picking a few up.

Otherwise, ease in.  We're all here, ready and willing to chat, RP and most everything else... ^^