Callipygian's profile

I. Basic Info

• Characters:Myxie Tryxle
  • Primary character:Myxie Tryxle
  • Linkshells:None yet
  • Primary RP linkshell:None yet

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    My current RP experience on MMOs is limited to some light to medium RP in a couple guilds on World of Warcraft.  I’d like to get into some more heavy RP.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Considering the setting, the availability of magic and potions, I don’t feel that injuries should be that debilitating unless care is specifically unavailable.  If combat is necessary, I feel it should be worked out beforehand between the two parties.  In cases where neither has a distinct advantage, it could come down to a die roll, but the lion’s share of the combat should be described without any die rolling and save the end result for the end. 

• Views on IC romance:
    My style prefers to avoid romance in an MMO RP setting, at least for my own characters (it tends to feel either cheesy or creepy to me).  As for intimate moments, my rule of thumb is to fade to black when the bedroom door closes.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    This is my preferred type of RP – friends, family, business associates, brothers-at-arms.

• Views on lore:
    I like to keep my RP in-lore.  I don’t like it when people try to push their characters into somewhere super-extraordinary.  There’s enough depth in the Final Fantasy setting for interesting conflict without people trying to draw in half-demons, vampires, or other real world pop culture flavors of the month.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Anything my character could conceivably do within the setting is RP applicable.  I prefer to use (( double parentheses )) to denote out-of-character interactions.  Seeing as how link pearls are a staple of the setting, /linkshell and /fc should probably be in-character, unless specifically denoted otherwise.

III. Other Info

• Timezone:  Pacific Standard Time
  • Contact info:

The 20 Questions for Myxie Tryxle (adapted from "The 20 Questions," 7th Sea RPG)

What country is your hero from?

Myxie hails originally from Gridania.  Her family lives as a small semi-nomadic community in the wilderness, so her ties to Gridania are purely familial.  She does not consider herself to be patriotically a Gridanian.

How would you physically describe your hero?

Myxie is slightly short for a Miqo'te.  She has pink fur, and her hair is always well-kept, typically in several tight braids or tails.  She can usually be found wearing either workman's clothes or the attire of scholars.

Does your hero have recurring mannerisms?

Her tail tends to swish around absently when she is working or discussing her work.

What is your hero’s main motivation?

Myxie's main motivation is to invent new and useful gadgets through a combination of magic, engineering, and scholarly pursuit.

What is your hero’s greatest strength? Greatest weakness?

Myxie's greatest strength is her ability to focus.  She can spend hours at a time in intense concentration, be it poring over dusty tomes or working fine details into her metalwork.  Consequently, she can come across as intense when dealing with others socially, and her ability to multitask is sub-par.

What are your hero’s most and least favorite things?

Her favorite things are technology and magic.  She loves learning and experimenting.  She also enjoys lounging and napping in the sun.  Her least favorite things are anything unproductive and tedious.  She is not a fan of cooking, since the end production is immediately consumed entirely, and it wastes valuable time that could be spent working on a more lasting achievement.

What about your hero’s psychology?

Myxie is likely borderline autistic.  She prefers things to be rational, stepwise, and ordered.  She has difficulty interacting with other people outside of business dealings or salesmanship, as she views people from a rational rather than emotional standpoint.

What is your hero’s single greatest fear?

Her greatest fear is that she will die penniless and unknown.

What are your hero’s highest ambitions? Her greatest love?

Her highest ambition is to make a lasting difference in the world, hopefully through useful inventions that will bear her name.  Her greatest love is discovery.  She enjoys experiencing new things for the first time.

What is your hero’s opinion of her country?

Myxie feels that Gridania is a little bit backwater.  She longs for the big city feeling and bustling markets of Ul'dah.

Does your hero have any prejudices?

Myxie dislikes liars and people who are inauthentic because they are difficult to categorize.  Due to their obfuscation, Myxie is very distrustful of Moogles.

Where do your hero’s loyalties lie?

Loyalty has never been a major driving factor in Myxie's life.  Her family ties are average, and she is not nationalistic.  If she is loyal to anything it is personal growth and discovery.

Is your hero in love? Is he married or betrothed?

Myxie shies away from romance.  Her emotional capacity is below average.

What about your hero’s family?

Myxie's family lives in the forests surrounding Gridania.  They are semi-nomadic, picking up and moving camp every five years or so.  Myxie visits them from time to time when in Gridania.  Given her distrust of moogles, communication is spotty.

How would your hero’s parents describe him?

Myxie's mother would describe her as being focused to a fault.  She picks one thing and pursues it to the exclusion of other things.  She needs to be more open to the world around her, particularly the people within it.

What is your hero's social status?

Myxie is a commoner and a worker.  She makes ends meet by doing common labor and crafting, using her free time to work on her inventions and study magic.

How religious is your Hero? Which of the Twelve does she follow?

Myxie is not extremely religious, though she does revere Byregot, the Builder, for his patronage of crafts.

Is your hero a member of a guild, gentleman’s club, or secret society?

She is not currently a member of any guild or secret society.  She would like to find a company to subsidize her work and provide a steady stream of contracts, though she worries that such a company would claim intellectual rights over her inventions.

What does your hero think of sorcery?

Myxie loves magic and plans to study it in all of its forms.  Magic to her makes more sense than swordplay, as a big part of swordplay involves reading and gauging your opponent.

If you could, what advice would you give your hero?

I would tell her to take it easy from time to time.  What's the point of experiencing something if you don't take the time to appreciate the experience?