Yet another new RPer :)

Whats up, guys? :) Another new member here.

I'm Dustin (Thats my real name) and I'm basically completely new to RPing. I've played a few pretty casual games of DnD with some friends of mine, but they played more for the actual game of it and not for the RP aspect, which IMO is the fun. :thumbsup:

Anyway, after playing the beta and getting completely decimated by the ARR hype train, I've decided to take a leap into the awesome RP community and found my way to this awesome site.

Although I've been playing MMOs off and on since 6th grade, starting with Runescape 1, EQ, the good times back in vanilla WoW and onward. Name an MMO and I've probably played it. I've never picked up RPing or either FFXI or FFXIV until now. I honestly don't know why, because I LOVE Final Fantasy.

My little delima -

Apart from being new to RP, I've also decided to take on the roll of a female main character in game due to many reasons. I find when I try to RP a male it ends up being basically the same person in the end - an Auron-like badass quiet protector. Apart from that, I've also decided to roll a healer/support type (arcanist/scholar). I love the female Miqo'te model and animations, and even though I've spent the past few weekends in beta trying to convince myself to roll a male character I've just decided to scrap the idea and roll female. It also just seems fun.

I've been trollin around this place for a while now and everyone seems fun and awesome, so I'm not too worried about it, but I have heard horror stories of guys who RP females getting crapped on, so I wanted to make the whole thing clear before hand. I'm a guy. I'll be RPing a female. I don't know how common that is because I'm such a newbie, and I'm nervous about it, if you can't tell hahaha. So take it easy on me.

I do have a handful of other characters with more complex back stories that I've been brainstorming over the weeks, but I wanted to start off with a pretty basic one seeing as how this will be my first character and I've taken the leap into the female world as well.

I'll be working on getting the wiki and some back story up soon, so I guess I'll see you all around the HRC site and after the ridiculously long wait is over, on Gilgamesh! :thumbsup:

Whats up, guys? :) Another new member here.

I'm Dustin (Thats my real name) and I'm basically completely new to RPing. I've played a few pretty casual games of DnD with some friends of mine, but they played more for the actual game of it and not for the RP aspect, which IMO is the fun. :thumbsup:

Anyway, after playing the beta and getting completely decimated by the ARR hype train, I've decided to take a leap into the awesome RP community and found my way to this awesome site.

Although I've been playing MMOs off and on since 6th grade, starting with Runescape 1, EQ, the good times back in vanilla WoW and onward. Name an MMO and I've probably played it. I've never picked up RPing or either FFXI or FFXIV until now. I honestly don't know why, because I LOVE Final Fantasy.

My little delima -

Apart from being new to RP, I've also decided to take on the roll of a female main character in game due to many reasons. I find when I try to RP a male it ends up being basically the same person in the end - an Auron-like badass quiet protector. Apart from that, I've also decided to roll a healer/support type (arcanist/scholar). I love the female Miqo'te model and animations, and even though I've spent the past few weekends in beta trying to convince myself to roll a male character I've just decided to scrap the idea and roll female. It also just seems fun.

I've been trollin around this place for a while now and everyone seems fun and awesome, so I'm not too worried about it, but I have heard horror stories of guys who RP females getting crapped on, so I wanted to make the whole thing clear before hand. I'm a guy. I'll be RPing a female. I don't know how common that is because I'm such a newbie, and I'm nervous about it, if you can't tell hahaha. So take it easy on me.

I do have a handful of other characters with more complex back stories that I've been brainstorming over the weeks, but I wanted to start off with a pretty basic one seeing as how this will be my first character and I've taken the leap into the female world as well.

I'll be working on getting the wiki and some back story up soon, so I guess I'll see you all around the HRC site and after the ridiculously long wait is over, on Gilgamesh! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site. I will be rping myself on Gilgamesh so if you have any questions just ask.