Scarlet's RP Profile

Yikes this was well overdue.

I. Basic Info 

• Characters: Scarlet Willow

• Primary character: Scarlet Willow

• Linkshells: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company & Eorzean Hunters League

• Primary RP linkshell: Eorzean Hunters League

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): I would say medium to heavy. I like to bein-character as much as possible, although I’ve never quite played (or roleplayed in) a game like XIV (and likewise XI) so the multi-class system will take some getting used to for in-character purposes. Otherwise, I’m a mean green red axe-swingin’ lady!

• Views on RP combat and injuries: I believe in IC realism and OOC communication.

While I don’t think it necessary to be100% proficient in your class (or not even be a part of a certain class) to deliver a simple punch or amateurishly swing a weapon around, I also don’t think we should be bar brawling with Omni Slash. I mean could you imagine how much gil you’d have to pay for damages? No, but in all seriousness, I feel there needs to be a realistic feel to fights; from pushing and shoving to downright wrestling in the dirt to actual battle. If one breaks their arm, I feel like that should hinder IC combat for quite some time. Or if someone gets a pretty nasty and deep gash, there should be a scar of some sort. But that brings me to my next point, which is healing. Healing should be a tiresome effort after a while, a healer should need to rest after X amount of wounds and depending on the severity of the wounds. With in game “death” I see it as being in an unconscious state unless stated otherwise by the player, and in return “raising” that person from their unconscious state should require a lot of energy. I also believe Limit Breaks should be very energy consuming – but in the same respect, if we absolutelyneed an Omni Slash to kick a primal in the teeth before everyone up and dies or we desperately need a Healing Wind, I don’t see a problem with that sometimes it’s unavoidable.

OOC communication I feel is really important. If you’re going to get into a heated argument with another character, it’d be considerate to say something OOCly beforehand and set aside a couple dos and don’ts. Like: don’t stab my character in the spleen with a broken bottle of orange juice because I need her to be up and well for an IC battle this weekend, but feel free to break her nose against the bar counter. Not so specific, but you get the gest.

• Views on IC romance: So this can be sort of a sticky subject, but I’m totally for it as long as there’s (I’m saying it again get ready) OOC communication and set apart of dos and don’ts or ask if you’re okay with something that may or may not be offensive or whatever. I’m pretty cool with everything except actually playing out doing the do. I think IC romance adds a nice garnish to characters, gives adifferent view to seeing them.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): I don’t usually create another character to play family members or close friends, but that’s just my preference and I don’t see a problem with it at all. I’ll talk about family members, but usually I’ll purposefully make it so that meeting them ICly would be kind of difficult (dead, missing, etc.)

• Views on lore: Outright breaking it is a no-no, bending it is okay within reason, especially if not all the lore is there. If you feel like you’re breaking lore or bending too far, speak up and ask C: no one’s gonna smack you with a ruler on your wrist for asking (at least I’d hope not).
    I personally try to stay within the limits of lore like naming conventions, culture, religion, etc. but it doesn’t bother me one bit if someone doesn’t fit the name lore, culture, religion, as long as the lore is not broken off its hinges. I also really appreciate when people tell me I’m breaking lore as I’ve been guilty of it in other games when missing something while reading up on stuff. It happens.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc): I come from a background of heavy forum roleplay and writing ridiculous paragraphs, and when I first entered the world of MMO roleplay it was like someone slapped me in the face with a fish. Generally unpleasant and I sort of stood there with this deer-in-headlights expression. But I adapted and learned and once I got the hang of this more fast-paced typing/reading, it’s pretty engaging. If you’re in a large group and the chat window is constantly scrolling like movie credits, I think it’s a good idea (and generally polite) to keep /say and /em functions to a minimum. If I think someone missed something, I OOCly /tell them; it happens (happened to me quite a few times). For more enclosed, in depth conversations with a smaller group of people such as linkshell meeting, a one topic discussion, or just two or three people chatting, I don’t see where a paragraph could hurt. Sometimes I do find myself reverting back though and if I do, /slap me with a fish. Linkshell chat should be as IC as the leader of the linkshell wants it to be, and if there’s an IC conversation going on I think it’s polite to keep OOC chat out. I don’t see anything wrong with OOC chatting if it’s a slow day though, or if you want to plan a group outing on the fly and nothing’s going on. I use ( these ) or [ these ] for OOC chat. 

III. Other Info 

• Timezone: Twilight Zone Eastern Standard
  • Contact info: Feel free to shoot me a PM here, catch me in game with a /tell, or poke me via Skype: madamerioulette

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]