C'io's RP Profile

I. Basic Info

• Character: C'io Behkt (Seeker Miqo'te)
  • Linkshells: Nexus Exiles
  • Primary RP linkshell: None yet

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium-to-Heavy. Even when I'm not actively RPing, I'm typically engaging in the character's rich inner life, hehe. In the off-hours you might catch me looking ridiculous as I leap idly in place or onto crates, but give me a nudge and I'll fall right back into character!

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I believe in the story: promoting events, circumstances, injuries, victories, or losses which will help drive the story forward is important to me. OOC communication is too. I find that it is usually a bad story if someone is always forced to lose, if someone is always pushing to win, if hard fights are won easily, or if wounds heal too quickly (although arguable given magical healing). I believe that RP combat requires trust and faith in the other player to do what is dramatic and interesting for the story with respect for the story and the other player's ability to continue to play their character freely after the fight. Trust is what lets you, literally, roll with the punches and accept the damage it brings.

• Views on IC romance:
    If it happens, it happens. It's a part of life, so it can also be part of a character's life. This includes all the unfortunate tragedies that romance can also bring, like one-sided love and eventual falling outs. As long as it remains a facet of a character's life and not the whole of a character's raison d'etre, IC romance can be positive.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Isn't this the everything else of RP? I don't think I've ever played with family ties closer than "distant cousin" before, but everything else--from friends to associates to officers to subordinates to rivals--is where the real meat of roleplay rests for me. My experience with interconnections between other characters and mine is that they are often unplanned, spontaneous, born of an evolving story of interaction, and something beautiful to be discovered. Always organic, never (too) scripted. It's why I want to play with other people and not just play by myself.

• Views on lore:
    I love lore. I love searching for it and archiving it and playing to it. I love finding the gaps and imagining what might exist between the lines. I love continuity, which is why, if you remember my response to RP Combat, I am the person who silently keeps track of the win-to-loss ratio. Continuity is important, not only within the established lore, but also within the story that's been told so far. But I also know that we can't always be perfect--the game might contradict our intepretations with new content, we might have to change parts of our character for OOC reasons--and that is okay also. That we can retcon and edit our characters is a true gift, but one we should use responsibly. It's also okay to deviate from lore, but I find that the best deviations are the ones which do so in respect to the lore and to logic.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I'll admit, I find prose RP, wherein the participants write paragraphs in novel format, very jarring. My preferred method of RP is through an organic blend of /say and /emote, though I understand how that can be difficult sometimes in larger group gatherings. For OOC chat, I tend to stick to /party and /tells, unless responding to a non-RPer asking a question in /say.

III. Other Info

• Timezone: GMT+8, though my soul and playtime is still EST
  • Contact info: PM or in-game tell!

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]