Maeve's RP Profile

I. Basic Info 

• Characters:Maeve Raventhorn
  • Primary character:Maeve, no plan on alts.
  • Linkshells:None atm
  • Primary RP linkshell:None atm.

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • It really depends on what guild I end up joining. I have had some really good immersive experiences in the past in a heavy type of rp guild where no ooc was allowed. However, lately in other games since I haven't been able to find that I have been more of a medium type roleplayer. Still keeping /say IC but also taking time to hang out with with friends and just grouping up to do dungeons oocly etc.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

• My best experiences with RP combat have been with a GM type person overseeing the whole thing. This way it ensures that it is fair and the moves being pulled are valid etc. I prefer just to rp my actions out with the use of ingame combat or dice, because I like to believe that most people are mature enough to take into consideration their IC combat experience and have both strengths and weaknesses. To me the best rp experiences I've had is when my character got injured or lost a fight as this had more opportunities for character growth and development. 

• Views on IC romance:
  • I haven't had a rp romance in a very, very long time. I don't mind them if people can separate IC from OOC but too often with friends I have seen that line blurred and feelings get hurt. 

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • I like this type of rp and believe it adds depth to a character and presents more rp opportunities. No just family ties, but perhaps past business relationships, an old enemy, someone from the characters childhood etc. Once I put up a character profile and anyone is interested in having a connection with my character please send me a message as I'd love to hear any ideas you may have.

• Views on lore:
  • I believe everyone has a right to rp how they like, whether in line with the lore or not. HOWEVER, I have a choice whether I rp with such people or not. I really try to be consistent with the lore in any game I play, however, FF is new to me so I hope that if I ever do make a mistake someone will inform me.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • IC for /say, /emotes and can go either way for /linkshell or /whisper. One thing that gets me is when RPers need to explain all their IC actions to me in a private OOC whisper. Relax, I trust you (untill you give me a reason to doubt you) and really it is more interesting if I don't know. I like to find things out in rp and there is nothing better than a well roleplayed twist or surprise that I didn't see coming. 

In addition, when I am rping with a person one on one (or even a small group of up to 3-4) I prefer paragraph rp. To me it adds much more depth to the rp or not just hearing the characters response but witnessing the small details such as character mannerisms, the inflection of their words, face expressions etc. Nevertheless, I have learnt to adapt to large group rp (which I will openly admit is not my favorite) and will respond in short sentences to keep the rp flowing.

• III. Other Info  
  • Timezone:GMT+10
  • Contact info:PM please.