Mama's RP Profile

I. Basic Info

• Characters: Mother Bear (A few more with working names)
  • Primary character: Mother Bear

II. RP Style

I prefer to RP in third person, mostly in emotes. I write my characters with movements, and mannerisms in mind, and I like to express these during conversation at least 60% of the time, rather speech only. I tend to play supportive/supplemental characters with the interest of progressing a scene and creating stories together.

Some people just want social interaction in a fantasy world behind an avatar and that's all well and good, but expect something a little different on my end. I consider RP a form of collaborative creative writing, so I RP as if I were doing so.

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Heavy whenever I can I can get it, but I'm happy with everything.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I happen to like RP combat, and I'm one of those players who aren't afraid to take a blow. I'll wear an injury and reference it when RPing with uninvolved parties entirely. People usually try to heal and depending on the damage inflicted, it'll help but usually not magically fix. Everyone's bodies are different, and it's not too out of bounds to say mine doesn't react as strongly as they're used to.

• Views on IC romance:
    I typically play characters that are disinterested in, or incapable of maintaining a romantic relationship. It's intentional, as I don't want to invite romance.
    I find it a little off-putting, but not really opposed to it if it'll do the story or my character good. Some people seem to get a little -too- attached to these and don't understand that I want it to be strictly IC.

•  
    If this is some kind of veiled euphemism for ERP, I'm no stranger to that, and if the story ends up calling for it, I'm happy do more than just fade to black. Not interested in meet and fuck encounters.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I think rivalries, kinship, cults, everything is a meltingpot of great ways to drive a story.

• Views on lore:
    I'm new to Final Fantasy lore, but I'm learning. It's fairly extensive, but it doesn't mean there aren't gaps. I tend to speak out against lore sticklers who take race stereotypes and character creator models/traits as gospel, and not guidelines. RP environments flourish when you acknowledge the world is diverse, and that experiences and chance shape a personality, not their race.
    I've no beef with people who don't follow the naming conventions, as parents could have easily have adopted new names and thrown away customs for whatever reason when naming their child. Perfectly plausible that someone changed their name, too.
    I won't shun a fair bit bending if it makes for an interesting story. I'll always favour alternative and interesting over 'pure'. 

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I'm the kind of person who tries do everything in /say and /em. I like keeping my RP open, and want it so anyone could jump in. With the say and emote earshot distance being so short however, I'll make exceptions.

III. Other Info

• Timezone:PST

• Contact info:You may PM me here.

• 2 weeks later...