Tyriont Gaidal

I. Basic Info

• Characters:Tyriont Gaidal, Wandering Lion, Denavial Calgar, Salaah Latifoh, Agile Wolf, other members of the Phoenix Pirates likely to rotate as needed.
  • Primary character:Tyriont Gaidal
  • Linkshells:N/A
  • Primary RP linkshell:N/A

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Heavy.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I avoid direct RP combat when at all possible. Past experience has shown that it doesn't tend to work out very well. That said, when it does come up it'll only be with somebody I've roleplayed with extensively and trust to handle themselves appropriately. I dislike ignoring character levels and vastly prefer to take that kind of thing into consideration.

• Views on IC romance:
    Ty is a man-whore. Flirty, confident and with a fear of commitment that is only rivaled by his fear of heights. Part of the reason I'm playing him this way is that I've seen too much RL conflict arise from roleplayed relationships, as well as people being left with no way out when their RP partner just drops off the face of the earth. Therefore while I'm fine with casual flings, I'm not looking to settle Ty down. That said, neither am I big into ERP. It just doesn't ever seem very well done, in my experience and just makes all parties feel awkward. Fade to black is the way to go, in my book.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Ty's family is set and I've got some IC reasons as to why I won't be looking to add any player characters as members of the Phoenix Pirates (OOCly, this is again because I'm worried about people vanishing). That said, I'm more than happy to work with people who want to set up some kind of prior ties. Ty and his crew travel a lot, so there's a lot of options for allies, grievances and past flings to aid/bite him as appropriate.

• Views on lore:
    Lore Whore. I stick as close to the book as possible. If there's no in-game justification for an ability, I don't like using it. Similarly, if something is established in-lore as rare I don't like seeing 75% of people running around with it.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Be courteous to non-roleplayers in a party setting. Accept that in that case, dropping OOC is often the best option. With the way linkshell chat is structured in FF14, I don't see any reason for OOC chat in a designated IC pearl - just set up a second one for that and have them run simultaneously.

I have the attention span of a gnat and like my RP fast paced. If I've been sitting around for three hours having a conversation that takes five seconds to read...that's not fun for me. I like incorporating emotes and using the tools we have to feel as alive as possible.

Also - unless it's in a crowded area where it'll bother non-RPers I prefer to RP in /say. That's how new RPers get drawn in, after all!

III. Other Info

• Timezone:Central (GMT-5)
  • Contact info:Feel free to add me to your friends list in-game and message me no matter which character I'm on at the time.

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]