Doc/Mikhai'a's RP Profile

I. Basic Info 

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Medium-Heavy. I do try and remain in-character whenever possible, but there's times when it can be more fun not to be. I enjoy my fair share of OOC dancing, running in circles, and jumping about like a fool, though if I'm wanted/needed/etc for RP, a quick OOC poke and I'll happily switch back to in-character.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • Communication and an agreed upon system to make combat fair are the most important things for RP Combat. There's also reasonable use of your character's abilities granted through gameplay. Reasonable here being that Flare isn't the only spell in your arsenal, for example. Injuries can and will occur in combat and should have consequences. For those who use dice to determine combat, a penalty on rolls requiring the use of whatever was injured would be a good example. However, extreme things, such as the loss of a limb or a sense, need to be discussed between the participants beforehand, though the decision is still ultimately that of the creator of the character being injured.
  • For combat within gameplay, such as dungeons, there are acceptable breaks between what is happening to your avatar in the dungeon and what is actually happening to your character. For example, in Copperbell Mines, it would be rather stupid if your character were to die. Again. And again. Just because of bombs.

• Views on IC romance:
  • Romance can be an excellent addition to roleplay and an individual character's development, but it has to be approached maturely by the players, and communication is key. In addition, the separation between OOC and IC is paramount.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • Your character is a living, breathing entity, and as such has relationships with other characters, whether played by another player or otherwise. Whether or not the characters are present, they still matter in the grand scheme of things for your character.

• Views on lore:
  • There's a rather fine line between bending and breaking lore. That said, having at least a cursory understanding of the world your character exists in and details about your character's race is rather important. 

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • /Say is chat being spoken by your character. If you are currently playing In-Character, then what you're /saying should be in character, ((OOC Parantheses)) or [[brackets]] notwithstanding, though excessive use of such can become annoying. /linkshell and /freecompany depend on the linkshell or company. If the Linkshell or Company has been created with the purpose of being an In-Character unit, then the channel should be treated as an in-character channel. Likewise if it was created as an Out-of-Character channel. /yell and /shout are iffy as far as their use for In-Character, and as such, I generally treat them as OOC.

III. Other Info 

• Timezone: GMT-5 (U.S. Eastern)
  • Contact info: Skype: Mageknight832. PMs are also acceptable, and there is more contact information listed on my profile.

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]