I Remember. A FFXIV 1.0 to ARR Story.

[align=center]QMML0vy-8o8 [/align]

As with most things like this. I find the spoke word to convey much more then text. So, without further adieu, allow me to present the fourth of a short series called "I Remember" featuring our guest, Eliot Lefebvre from MogLog over at Massively!

[align=center]Aob0TVTz4u8 [/align]

As with most things like this. I find the spoken word to convey much more then text. So, without further adieu, allow me to present the sixth of a short series called "I Remember" featuring our guest, Tyriont Gaidal.

Tyriont's WebPage: http://loadbearingbosses.com/

Tyriont's Twitter: @LimeyActor

Tyriont's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chrisbaileyactor

I was gonna say it's ado, not adieu, but you got it right at the end! :P

I enjoyed those, in any case. :)

Also, Alothia made me cry. :o

The music helped give it all a tragic feel. ^^;

[align=center]***[/align]

Frenching with Asyria!

"Adieu" means goodbye or perhaps godspeed.. It's a combination of two words "a" and "dieu". "A" in French (and in this context) means "at" (it can also be the verb to have, as in "il a" = "he has"). "Dieu" means "god". Therefore "a dieu" means literally "at god" , but the actual meaning of "adieu" is more like "we'll see each other again at God's side." It's kind of a way to say goodbye when you don't expect to see the person again.

I was gonna say it's ado, not adieu, but you got it right at the end! :P

I enjoyed those, in any case. :)

Also, Alothia made me cry. :o

The music helped give it all a tragic feel. ^^;

[align=center]***[/align]

Frenching with Asyria!

"Adieu" means goodbye or perhaps godspeed.. It's a combination of two words "a" and "dieu". "A" in French (and in this context) means "at" (it can also be the verb to have, as in "il a" = "he has"). "Dieu" means "god". Therefore "a dieu" means literally "at god" , but the actual meaning of "adieu" is more like "we'll see each other again at God's side." It's kind of a way to say goodbye when you don't expect to see the person again.

Thanks for helping me with this. I thought Adu and Ado were wrong.

FTR, I have a friend who I am trying to talk into tplaying FFXIV. He's pretty bitter and jaded about the modern MMO system, but I directed him to this page and he watched them all and now he's excited about joining us and can't get enough information about Eorzea. So, WTG guys! You are amazing.

@Runa  That is awesome news!  I'm glad your friend will be joining our community.

I'm already here!

Btw - love this series, it gave me sooo much insight into what the game used to be like, how it's changed and how the old players see the relaunch.

Ack!  That was fast!  Welcome Welcome!  Always nice to meet a fan 8-)

Now I must :cactuar:  Editing to do!

Somehow, I find myself visiting RPC once again.  While I find I don't have time to run an RP character due to running a LS/FC, I have a lot of respect for the RP community.

Thank you everyone for this series.  Many of the videos nearly brought tears to my eyes.  As I said on the Beta forums, I've shared this with our members, I think many will enjoy it.