sanguineFenrir's General RP Profile

I. Basic Info 

All of this information is subject to possible change in the future. This page is meant as a general overview of my opinions on roleplay, and portions may be modified for other characters, if I choose to have any. Notes on such modifications will be included here. Right now, I only have plans to have a single character, so the information will apply to it.

• Characters:  Kevaraan Annorek (may add more)
  • Primary character:Kevaraan Annorek
  • Linkshells:None yet.
  • Primary RP linkshell:None yet.

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

I would class myself as a "heavy" roleplayer, but I move fluidly between IC and OOC states. By that, I don't mean I drop acronyms into OOC chat. I keep OOC chat in private tells, but the writing style is similar to my character. There is a reason my character's written register matches what you see on these forums, but that doesn't mean I don't draw a line between IC and OOC.

I welcome any and all RP, from strangers, linkshell members, and others alike. I'm accustomed to having zero OOC interaction prior to and during RP, but if you're the sort that needs to ask before joining a group or event I'm in, I completely understand. We'll take it from there.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

Combat has its place, but I'm not one to get in random brawls or petty squabbles. I don't do rolls, stats, or anything "tabletop" style, and I don't PVP as part of RP. If the story calls for it, we'll write it out.

I'm alright with non-mortal injuries, including cuts, bruises, and broken bones, but not amputations or anything severely incapacitating. I am flexible with this, if you are. Please, no character death.

• Views on IC romance:

My main character, Kevaraan, is off limits. Very little of his backstory is preordained, but this is one bit that is. He is "taken", and although the character is offscreen, she is important to his psychology. Characters are welcome to try, but don't expect to be well-received. Expect it to have an effect on how he perceives your character, though, even if mild.

For future characters, I'd likely be open to romantic RP given the right person or character. But I must ask that you don't pursue anything IC, as I am in a similar situation to my character.

I roleplay my characters as asexual, meaning that they do not experience sexual attraction to other people. They have no desire to breed and will never have children. If there is any equivalent, it's nonstandard and not like "normal"sexuality. I refuse to do any ERP, on any character. No exceptions.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

Because of my stance on RP and planning, it would have to take a specific character to pass as one of Kevaraan's kin. While I fully understand the value of kinship RP, blood ties are not likely. Old friends and such are fine, if we can fit everything together--but I'd prefer these things to happen AS they happen.

• Views on lore:

Despite taking my own immersion very seriously and hardly ever being out of character, I do not strictly adhere to finer parts of the lore (naming conventions, racial stereotypes/expectations, etc.) However, I will play my character as a part of the world, and not something outlandish or extreme in terms of boundaries. I'll roleplay with anyone, so long as they don't godmod, have decent English, and aren't trying to play something from another game. Bending is fine. Inserts of your previous characters are fine in my eyes, if they're adapted to fit the lore as much as you can.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

Say is IC. Dungeons are about the only time I'll resort to abbreviating, for other players' sake. Tells are OOC, unless my character is actually whispering something to someone--I'll tell you if that's the case.

I follow the rules that the owners set for linkshells and FC's. However, as I said, my IC and OOC typing is almost identical, save for allusions, used sparingly, and abbreviations in the latter. I will often allude to what I am doing in other channels, so if someone asks if I'm busy, they'll get an explanation that could be construed as IC. "Meeting someone" for instance, rather than a simple "RP."

III. Other Info 

• Timezone:Mountain
  • Contact info: Contact me here or in game. If the situation warrants it, I'll give you my @gmail instant messenger, or Skype, but only if warranted. No calls permitted.

• Please note that I can be seen as reclusive or unwilling to divulge personal or "IRL" information. I have my reasons for doing so--immersion is a part of it--and I don't expect you to tell me all about yourself (although, should you need advice or a shoulder to cry on, I will welcome such information if you find it necessary.) It is not my intention to be seen as cold or paranoid, and I don't mind making friends--but it will come slowly.

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]