Summoner question possibly answered

I have been considering taking up Arcanist to become a Summoner for the awesome summons. In case anyone other than me needed a bit of reassurance about whether the tiny little summons we've seen thus far are the norm. I found  a reddit with datamined images.

Take it with a grain of salt as this isn't confirmed but in one shot there is a Summoner accompanied by a not so little Beastie.

http://imgur.com/a/DPD65

That would be Siren, while we don't know which role that she'll play in ARR, she is a primal. I'll assume, based on the rest of the pictures, that it is a mere coincidence that she appears behind the summoner and that it is simply a demonstration of her in-game model.

Hello Desmond

Here's a link to the official summoner page showing the mini-ifrit that you'll have access to http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/game/jobs/summoner

here's another screen shot of the Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar companions

http://www.finalfantasy-fxn.net/images/media/51ba794c_Final-Fantasy_XIV_Realm_Reborn_Summoner_Scholar_Arcanist_01.jpg

A note about those screen shots, those feature datamined bosses,

The Primal Siren, the Demon wall, the great beast Behemoth.

Hope that clears up any miss understanding!

Hello Desmond

Here's a link to the official summoner page showing the mini-ifrit that you'll have access to http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/game/jobs/summoner

here's another screen shot of the Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar companions

http://www.finalfantasy-fxn.net/images/media/51ba794c_Final-Fantasy_XIV_Realm_Reborn_Summoner_Scholar_Arcanist_01.jpg

A note about those screen shots, those feature datamined bosses,

The Primal Siren, the Demon wall, the great beast Behemoth.

Hope that clears up any miss understanding!

Thanks for the link!

I do understand that so far the proto-versions are confirmed for Summoners. Although it's probable that the shots are arranged I can't help but hope that high level summons would be more grandiose than the ones we've seen so far.

Also FF8 being my favorite game in the series I get a little excited seeing a Siren who resembles that one so much. :D

Summoner red horn! Woot!

I don't even know why I like this... o_O

One need not know why they love,

just that they do.

(also FF Tactics looking Gear For the Win)

FF Tactics Advance, it's in the game!

Yay for awesome looking summoner gear and the nod towards my favourite handheld game ever!

One need not know why they love,

just that they do.

FF Tactics Advance, it's in the game!

Yay for awesome looking summoner gear and the nod towards my favourite handheld game ever!

FFtactics, Tactics advance, and Tactics Advance2 all have it on their summoners, I like the Original Tactics a bit more than the Gameboy versions (mostly due to mod-ability) But yeah the summoners horn is nice to see.

Not that the horn and general colour scheme appeared in FFs III and V as well. Nope.

Admittedly if we wanted to be terribly pedantic we could point to the tradition of Robe wearing among Spellcasters all the way back to Call of Cthulu and various other MUD/Rogue likes.

My comment was more to the point of the Tactics games (and all other FF's) having an influence in art style. We can continue to trade antiquated reference material if you'd like though.

Not that the horn and general colour scheme appeared in FFs III and V as well. Nope.

Admittedly if we wanted to be terribly pedantic we could point to the tradition of Robe wearing of Spellcasters all the way back to Call of Cthulu and various other MUD/Rogue likes.

My comment was more to the point of the Tactics games (and all other FF's) having an influence in art style. We can continue to trade antiquated reference material if you'd like though.

Well you mentioned Tactics, and Tactics only.

I simply pointed out that the trend of summoners having horns, as well as green and beige robes, started earlier than that.

No mention of anything outside the franchise.

Well you mentioned Tactics, and Tactics only.

I simply pointed out that the trend of summoners having horns, as well as green and beige robes, started earlier than that.

No mention of anything outside the franchise.

I followed up my initial comment with another person I was speaking with pointing out that the trend had appeared in the other tactics games as well, where the red horn appeared as opposed to the beige/ and green of 3 and 5.

Try the PSP version of FF Tactics!

It's the same game with all translation mistakes fix, thy olde English added in, and extra hidden characters and jobs (Black Knight is op, btw)

Oooh that is a good one,

While I didn't mind the name alterations as much (Teta to Teitra for example.) I don't think "Tis your birth and faith that wrong you, not I" has as much Oomph as "Blame yourself, or God." Though the rest is quite good, and I may be speaking with a hint of nostalgia goggles.

Also, heck yeah Dark Knight OP, I tried to throw it in with Geomancer skills.

I meant more like calling Moogle "Mogri", Lich as "Rich", and the lil side-jobs (I think they called them propositions?) having screwed up text half the time when your guys return.

Anyways!

Yay for summoners with red horns and green cloaks and summoned monsters.