Lady2beetle's RP Profile

I. Basic Info

• Characters:Adriel Marchand & Runa Dawning

• Primary character:Haven't decided yet!
  • Linkshells:Corvus Cinis (Runa) & House Marchand (Adriel)
  • Primary RP linkshell:I have to pick?!

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium – heavy. Heavy mostly, but sometimes I like zoning out and doing my own thing. I also really enjoy working on plots with people OOCly, so I encourage you to contact me to come up with a plot together, then play through it. As you'll see in the following questions, I often look at RP as collaborative story writing. Collaborative means that there needs to always be good communication and equal sharing of concepts, impressions and plot ideas. Story writing means that I am very plot-focused. I can get bored sitting around the tavern for too long, and I don't feel inspired unless my characters are caught in some major plot that will drive their character development.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I'm okay with combat so long as both sides are communicating together and have agreed on an outcome. My characters won't often get into combat with other PCs, though. Still, I've been known to get my characters kidnapped and sometimes tortured. With my permission, it's fair game. Just message me OOCly if you have a plot that would involve that. I have a good grasp on what my characters can handle without being damaged permanently, so I'll tell you if I think something may go too far.

• Views on IC romance:
    I love getting my characters into romantic situations, but I tend to thrive on very specific relationships. A boyfriend needs to be someone who has a sharp wit to keep up with my character's own sarcastic sense of humor. And he needs to have a thick skin, because my characters won't be docile little princesses. Players should be (OOCly) people I've RPed with at least a little (to decide if I like their style before I get into anything), and once there's a little attraction, I prefer to talk it over with the other person OOCly to make sure we are both on the same page. After that, the romance becomes a plot and like any plot, it should be a combination of IC surprises and OOC communication, with as many plot twists as possible! That said – I am looking for a boyfriend or fiancé for my elezen, Adriel. With Runa, I am more content to let it happen naturally.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Anything that gives me a tie to other characters is a big plus in my opinion. The stronger the tie, the better, but those ties don't have to be positive. It wouldn't be a good story without some conflict, so I'm always looking for an arch enemy of sorts. Ironically, it is just as important to communicate OOCly with someone who is playing an enemy as it is to communication with the person who is RPing my romantic interest!

• Views on lore:
    I'm definitely a big supporter of following lower as much as possible, but there is so much of it that I am still learning it all. I also tend to think outside the box a lot so sometimes I have to consider what would be realistic or feasible, because it likely hasn't been directly addressed by the "lore gods" (aka, the game devs).

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    /say should be IC whenever possible. I've seen a lot of people use it also as an OOC outlet, even with brackets, but it just wigs me out that way. Keep /say IC whenever possible. Other than that, things are flexible. I'm definitely very big on keeping OOC communications, like /linkshell, open between people during RP. The more you communicate, the better your bond will be, OOCly and thus ICly.

III. Other Info

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]

Update:

Currently, Runa's wiki is well on its way to being complete. I'm looking for people willing to draw her for me, though, so shoot me a line if you are interested! I'm also looking for anyone willing to show hostility to Runa for being an ex-imperial and/or someone willing to start rumors about her.

I am also working on a plot with Adriel that involves a secret identity. If you are interested in tracking down this mysterious ranger who is stalking the forests around Gridania, let me know! Adriel is also an heir to House Marchand, a FC that will be a combination house-RP and merchant company. As such, she is a middle class merchant with an eye for anything commerce. If you are a trader looking to get your foot in the door in Gridania (or if you are a suiter looking for a cute and wealthy elezen heiress), look her up!