Syggfryd

I. Basic Info 

• Characters: Syggfryd Eyriwilfsyn
  • Primary character: (same)
  • Linkshells: Finalizing that right now. 
  • Primary RP linkshell: (same)

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

I'll probably get medium to heavy. However, I'm pretty tolerant of OOC behavior at any time. Likewise, I'm accepting of always-IC behavior, though I feel like that could inhibit real-life communication in some situations. It's all a game in the end, haha.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

I'm new to RP, but I don't see a problem with a little in-game violence if it comes up naturally. That said, I won't typically provoke, and I may even actively try to avoid fights. The game only addresses interpersonal fights in PvP, which might not be everyone's cup of tea. So...I guess I would prefer fighting via text, rather than trying to pantomime with emotes, except perhaps when the emote is used in its appropriate context.

I look at injuries much the same way. If they ought to happen as a consequence of something, make sure it does happen. As far as visual/textual cues: I don't care if I see someone, described as, say having a broken leg and crutches, walking around uninhibited. It would be distracting to see someone dancing around the street pretending to be hurt. We have to work around the limitations of the game, and we have the power of words to assist us.

Also, should you approach me for a fight, remember that I'm playing a physically capable Roegadyn male...

• Views on IC romance:

I see how casual hookups could happen in-game, but I don't think that's my cup of tea. I'm certainly not one to call out a real-life couple playing as a couple in game, or something similar. But long-term relationships must be difficult to pull off IC. It ought to have a realistic buildup and appropriate dynamics.

Please, keep the dirtiest stuff off the streets.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

Cool concept, but I think it requires careful planning to pull off.

• Views on lore:

Try your best to make your story fit into the world, but don't be afraid to take some artistic liberties. I'd even love to see people fit the main story into their own stories. (In a spoiler-free way, of course!) 

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

I'm very new to RP-ing, so I'm going to adapt to whatever is thrown my way. I'll be extra cautious to respect the community and follow their examples, of course.

III. Other Info