Hello everyone

Hello. My name is Poe, i'm thinking of purchasing FFXIV:arr as well as playing in an RP centered way. I played 1.0 for about a month before i got tired of it, but the new game changes and feel seems more up my alley. 

Looking at the community thus far, i see that the Gilgamesh server is going to be the "new" server, that's the one I wish to join.  I am not yet in the beta, as i've had issues with my email address, so i cant receive my invite (unless i never got one).

I've never joined an RP community in a game before. This is an entirely new experience for me. Please teach me your ways, i am willing to learn. Thank you.

Greetings Poe!

Glad to see you join us and looking forward to getting to know you better.

Feel free to ask questions and jump in.

The members here have done a great job in helping new (or newer) folks in FFXIV to get acclimated. Check out the Wiki link up top, the Welcome thread and the great 1.0 summary and lore stuff Merri, Gospel and the rest have thrown together.

Also... check out the Mentor thread if you want a buddy to help you get your RP feet wet on a more 1 on 1 basis!

Lastly, there will be an IC and OOC "community" linkshell (aka chat box) on Gilgamesh- check out the Linkshell forum for more info.

Again, welcome!

Welcome, Poe, and tell the bird to quiet down with all that "Nevermore" stuff...kept me up all night :P.

I hope you'll find these forums as helpful and inviting as I did...there's a lot you can learn here about the game that you will soon be enjoying :).

Good luck, hope to meet you in game :thumbsup:!

Greetings Poe!

Glad to see you join us and looking forward to getting to know you better.

Feel free to ask questions and jump in.

The members here have done a great job in helping new (or newer) folks in FFXIV to get acclimated. Check out the Wiki link up top, the Welcome thread and the great 1.0 summary and lore stuff Merri, Gospel and the rest have thrown together.

Also... check out the Mentor thread if you want a buddy to help you get your RP feet wet on a more 1 on 1 basis!

Lastly, there will be an IC and OOC "community" linkshell (aka chat box) on Gilgamesh- check out the Linkshell forum for more info.

Again, welcome!

Thank you, i'll go ahead and check those all out. Not sure about the mentor buddy as im not in the game as of yet, but sounds like a good idea when i'm finally into the game!

Welcome, Poe, and tell the bird to quiet down with all that "Nevermore" stuff...kept me up all night tongue.gif.

I hope you'll find these forums as helpful and inviting as I did...there's a lot you can learn here about the game that you will soon be enjoying smile.gif.

Good luck, hope to meet you in game thumbsup.gif!

Thanks! I'll go ahead and talk to the raven, once i get the weird sounds under my floor board to stop waking me up at night.

Welcome to the site and RP in general it sounds like tongue.gif  I think you picked a good community to start with, everybody seems really helpful. chocobo.gif

This sight looked intriguing, and after browsing for a bit i decided that this is a great place to join!

Erm...  I do have to ask though...

you're not leading up some group of innocuous killers hidden in our midst... are you?

:dodgy:

And... well I requested and got a mentor before I got into Beta too. Just pestered him about 1.0 stuff and gameplay... but in reality, guess you can get all that from surfing the site too. (a lot of great guides and discussions) *grins*

Erm...  I do have to ask though...

you're not leading up some group of innocuous killers hidden in our midst... are you?

:dodgy:

And... well I requested and got a mentor before I got into Beta too. Just pestered him about 1.0 stuff and gameplay... but in reality, guess you can get all that from surfing the site too. (a lot of great guides and discussions) *grins*

I spent a few hours yesterday just browsing, looking up stuff. SO MUCH INFORMATION! I found out how 1.0 ended, learned about the different type of eras in the lore, my head is going to explode!

^_^ I can't wait for this game to start, I'm going to have copious amounts of fun!

Hello. My name is Poe, i'm thinking of purchasing FFXIV:arr as well as playing in an RP centered way. I played 1.0 for about a month before i got tired of it, but the new game changes and feel seems more up my alley. 

Looking at the community thus far, i see that the Gilgamesh server is going to be the "new" server, that's the one I wish to join.  I am not yet in the beta, as i've had issues with my email address, so i cant receive my invite (unless i never got one).

I've never joined an RP community in a game before. This is an entirely new experience for me. Please teach me your ways, i am willing to learn. Thank you.

Welcome to the site ask as many questions as you want!

Hiii! I offer a slightly late welcome, but a welcome none-the-less! Maaaan, I'm so with you on being unable to wait. I'm pretty sure we ALL are : P. It's a good thing I have a couple weeks before beta, though, so I have time to get stuff done before I lose my soul to a vidja-game~

Hiii! I offer a slightly late welcome, but a welcome none-the-less! Maaaan, I'm so with you on being unable to wait. I'm pretty sure we ALL are : P. It's a good thing I have a couple weeks before beta, though, so I have time to get stuff done before I lose my soul to a vidja-game~

haha, ain't that the truth. I'm spending these few weeks to grab as many hours at work as i can, get a quick promotion, and have enough money to enjoy the fantasy life for a week or two before life comes knocking back.

WELCOME TO THE RPC AND GILGAMESH SEVER FAMILY! As Rock as not said hi let me say if you have questions or even ideas for the sever feel free to let the ideas flow on the Gilgamesh forums. If you have questions on rping feel free to ask them any where. Welcome aboard!