DeMontalia

I. Basic Info

• Characters: TBD
  • Primary character:TBD
  • Linkshells: None
  • Primary RP linkshell:None

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Heavy RP.  RP is the most important aspect of an MMO.  I am IC unless otherwise noted, which is very rare.  Chatting OOC can be fun too, but I will still be IC.  Letting the story of a character unfold naturally is my preference.  Friendships, romance, misunderstandings, philosophical conflicts, etc. can all be rewarding to RP out.  If anything needs to be hashed out in advance I prefer to discuss the basics and then RP the scene as naturally as possible.

ICA=ICC is a very important principle for me.  If I am playing a character that is acting like a moron/snob/jerk/etc… react as you will.  He/She probably has it coming. :)

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I prefer to handle combat between characters and injuries through RP.  While the result of a combat should serve the story the players are trying to tell, keeping things realistic to the character’s abilities is important.  A character’s level in classes/jobs informs the story.  

I am willing, if appropriate, to have my character lose fights with other PCs and potentially become severely injured.  Unless discussion has happened in advance and it would be a major plot point for the character, I typically draw the line at permanent character changes or disabilities.

• Views on IC romance:
    I have found that when a character is played long enough romantic issues tend to come up, whether it is encouraged or rebuffed.  While these stories are not my primary reason for RP, they can be an interesting part of a character’s story.  If IC romance happens, I allow the story to develop naturally.  The characters may stay together, they may break up, etc.
    Since I have seen some IC romances get awkward OOC, it is always important to keep in mind that it is the characters that are involved and not the players.  Also, neither party should assume ERP will happen.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I typically don’t like to write up character ties in advance, familial or otherwise.  People can play their characters in ways you don’t expect or get bored with them and switch to an alt.  If your character is closely involved, that can be tough to handle.

• Views on lore:
    Keeping to lore is very important.  Lore describes the world that we all share and if you cannot assume that other players adhere to lore it can be difficult for random RP.  When the existing lore does not exist, which of course happens, I tend to stick to what is stated and reasonable extensions.  Typically I feel that if it hasn’t been mentioned yet, you cannot assume that it is part of the world.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I am always IC in /say unless noted in double parentheses.  Typically, I feel that a group (guild, supergroup, free company) needs an IC channel.  Other OOC chat channels can be fun too, though, and they make it easier to separate IC and OOC in different chat windows.  

III. Other Info

• Timezone:Central
  • Contact info:PM me here

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]