At a friend's recommendation...

gomyaku

I find myself among gamers and role-players he compliments.  I, initially, was disinterested in joining a legacy server, just to avoid potential economy shenanigans that come along with players who have been indulging in a game since launch.  (Even with the decimal change I'm sure to see many players with a substantial amount).  

However, my friend exhorts this coalition and after some thought I gave in to the higher probability of an enjoyable linkshell over a somewhat even economic playing-field, at least in the beginning.  Let's be honest, the economy being in the hands of new players will probably more hastily find itself imbalanced, as opposed to experienced XIV players (especially good spirited ones who admonish civility in-game).  

Anyway, I hope to see more of everyone here.  I'm sure my activity will increase as soon as we are able to play and discuss topics in greater detail.  

はじめまして。

There is a small subset of players who have chosen not to be on Balmung due to it being Legacy, if you do make that choice they are on Gilgamesh. However if it's for reasons such as economy and player levels, I think it won't matter because all the servers will have established economies and people with endgame stuff within a month. xD So Gilga will be just like Balmung in that aspect anyway. I'm biased towards Balmung because it's a much larger portion of the RP community and my home server.

Whatever choice you make, I hope that you can find a great linkshell and utilize this site to its fullest. Welcome!

Or you can just do both!

Welcome!

Not sure if you know this, but, due to many of the concerns you have regarding a legacy server, there is a large RP community being established on one of the new servers, Gilgamesh.  

Good luck :thumbsup:

There is a small subset of players who have chosen not to be on Balmung due to it being Legacy, if you do make that choice they are on Gilgamesh. However if it's for reasons such as economy and player levels, I think it won't matter because all the servers will have established economies and people with endgame stuff within a month. xD So Gilga will be just like Balmung in that aspect anyway. I'm biased towards Balmung because it's a much larger portion of the RP community and my home server.

Whatever choice you make, I hope that you can find a great linkshell and utilize this site to its fullest. Welcome!

Or you can just do both!

I appreciate the suggestion.  But, this was my previous inclination.  At this point I feel more comfortable about playing on Balmung for the reasons Aysun points out.  I was beta testing on Gil, but had an unsavory experience with some of the community looking to settle there.  :)