Doyle casts Welcome on the party!

Doyle

...Okay, I apologize for the title. It's late and that's the best my brain could come up with.

I've been snooping browsing around here a little while. I originally wasn't going to make a welcome post, mostly because I'm forum-shy, and terrible at intros, but I figured it may be ignorant if I don't. Thus, this post is born!

-MMORPG background

I've dabbled in a bunch of them, EQ1 being my first. (Well, PSO technically, if that counts) Played FFXI a little bit too. CoH was my favorite though, until it's sudden closure. (RIP; You'll always have a place in my heart!) I haven't done much since then MMO wise, save for brief stints in TERA and TSW.

I'm pretty new to FFXIV. Well, I played 1.0 beta for a bit, and live for like 20 minutes months later. So not very experienced FF14-wise, unfortunately.

--RP experience

I've tried to RP a bit in TERA and TSW, but most of my RP experiences came from CoH. Overall, I guess I've been pretty casual RPwise compared to most though. I mostly just ran missions ICly, never did a story or forum RP or anything.

I've also never done any tabletop RP, so I don't really consider myself an RP pro at all.

That said, I'm really looking forward to learning the finer points of RP with everyone in ARR.

--Character ideas/info

This is still really up in the air. Probably an off-kilter poet who smiles on the outside and is totally shady within. Or something.

... I don't a clue. I'll probably start with a very generic basic idea and weave my character's story/personality as I play, letting her interactions with others help mold her. --If that even makes sense. :blush: I guess it's just a fancy way of saying I'm totally winging it. :lol:

--How did you learn about the coalition?

An in-game add during Beta 3. I think I may have joined this site during 1.0 beta, but I also often think my shoes are trying to warn me of danger, so who knows?

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Medium and a third.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing?

I find thick eyebrows an attractive trait.

I think I've gone on enough now, so thanks for reading and hope to see you in game!

Greetings, Doyle :D!

I commented on your character creation post, I thought you have a nice, fresh, unique look in your short-haired variation...I think you'd stand out of the crowd with that look, in a good way ;)

Thanks for introducing yourself :thumbsup:

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

A fine welcome to you!

I say, how do ya do?

I say, hip-hip hooray!

To the RPC today~!

Phew!  That's exhausting...  Regardless!  Welcome!