The Old Smith

I. Basic Info 

Primary character:

Papa Steel

Primary Linkshell:

Banners of the Light

Description:

'Steel' would stand out from a crowd if he didn't slouch and shuffle quietly, if he stood proud and tall the way he used to. His hair and unkempt beard are astonishingly white, his eyes glazed over with a tired look. The only time the haze fades and they twinkle with a bit of that old zest for life is when he's hunched over the forge, pounding a steady rhythm into the metal with such ferocity....it's almost as if he's lashing out at an unseen enemy.

In a world of bright-eyed heroes and adventurers, he is a forgettable face.

Contact info:

PSN: PapaSteel

E-Mail: [email protected]

II. RP Style 

Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

Medium. Perpetual in-character dialogue, but decisions that I make that don't interact with other people - such as what food to use or what to name market retainers - are going to be unrelated to my character's story, as it were.

Views on RP combat and injuries:

Steel's a grizzled and hardened old sod who probably won't wind up injured even after the most difficult of battles. He's more likely to grumble about arthritis and a fading memory than he is to wind up with broken bones.

Views on IC romance:

One of the best things about RP. It actually warms my tired old heart to see a couple cozying up or whispering sweet nothings to one another on a cold Eorzean night.

But again, my choice of character rather precludes this. I'll leave the swooning and flirtations to the younger generation.

Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

[align=left]This, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. I'd originally written that this character had lost his family when Dalamud fell, but it's possible that isn't true.

And true or not, this tired old man with a fake name might find himself in that father-figure role again.[/align]

Views on lore:

I wouldn't go so far as to call it critical, so long as you're adhering to the basic principles of what makes a good character. You can be Thancred's sister for all I care, so long as you commit to that concept.