I'll uh... be lurking in this corner...

...right over here. >_>

It stinks to be an avid day-dreamer/writer/RP-er AND be chronically shy-at-first.... Makes it hard to join in anything new. Bleh. So yeah... here I am, finally posting after lurking around here as a guest for a few months now.

So hm. I'm a 31/f rolling up a male character and have talked my friends into coming to Balmung because I want to be AROUND RP even if I'm too shy to jump into it. (Which I'm working on... hence the post, yes?) My gaming started with the original gameboy and my first console game was FFVII.... I've been gaming since with both RPG and action/puzzle games. I got to college half-way across the country and was dragged into my first table-top game as I desperately tried to claw my way back into my corner. The GM, one of the first friends I made up there, would have none of it and I played 7 1/2 years with them, same character, until I finished up college and moved down to Texas. I just got a new gaming group half a year ago or so, which I'm very happy about. Of course, they have managed to corner me into attempting to actually GM and I will be starting my first ever attempt in a few weeks time. (I'm freaked out, frankly... 100% sure I'll mess it up, but they'll forgive me, I'm sure.)

Hmmm... what else? Ah, I work a job I hate right now but I have been lucky enough to work at Bioware, NCSoft and SOE in the past. My first MMO was Dark Age of Camelot and I was dragged into WoW by my coworkers at GameStop after that... I was a hardcore raider there from beta/vanilla on and just retired finally a few months ago... um... I played SWTOR(worked on it), City of Heroes(worked on it, RIP), Guild Wars 2(worked on it), DC Universe Online(worked on it) and uh.... beta'ed a few other things that I didn't really stick with. I'm currently MMO'less until FFXIV arrives to save me from my horrible 'I-Hate-My-Job' evenings.

I guess that's enough? I can end up writing a lot and I'm sure people don't need Wall'o'Text in a 'meet'n'greet' thread, right? Right. So yeah... I'll just skitter back to my corner now. >_>

/SKITTER

Hey! 

I envy you and your having worked at Bioware. That musta been pretty awesome.

I hate that NCSoft and Arenanet killed Tabula Rasa - One of my favorite MMO's to date. 

Welcome to the RPC.. You'll find a lot of people here, very much willing to help pull you out of your shell if you're willing to put the first foot forward ^.^

I think I've posted more on this forum in the past few months then I have in.. 10 years on an other forum. >.>

Enjoy your stay, and see you on Balmung!

Welcome! But don't go back to that corner, T'sal, because that corner is actually booby trapped into releasing an horror from the depths every third full moon. But only in January. Which is why it didn't trap you with its thousand maws the first time.

I guess I should work on my traps some more, uh.

Anyway, welcome! I'm sure there are some other threads you would like to poke your head on. Just remember to not look into the closet. That's were we keep the spiked ceiling trap.

My my, you have a long and storied history with RP and MMOs...seems that when you get over the initial shyness, you're in for the long-haul :).

What can we do to make you feel more comfortable? You know, jumping into one of the various conversations regarding the races, lore, character concepts, etc, is a good exercise in putting yourself out there. Have a look around, find a topic you have an opinion on, and contribute...we love that sort of thing here :D

Good luck, glad to have you, and I hope to run into you in game :thumbsup: !

Hi and welcome to the RPC! We're glad to have you join us and... please don't be afraid of Ildur he's... mostly.... harmless.

Mostly.

*offers pie*

I look forward to meeting you for RP. Or to see you as RP swirls round you til it sweeps you off your feet and sucks you in to its Endless Void of Awesomeness!!!

.... dramatic pause....

You have been warned. Make sure you're duly prepared.

Thank you.

Hey! 

I envy you and your having worked at Bioware. That musta been pretty awesome.

It was! It was actually my first job in the game industry, believe it or not. An awesome experience and probably the first job I ever truly loved and was happiest at. Of course, they also spoiled us rotten and I gained some weight with all the snacks and catered breakfasts and crunch dinners.... I'm paying for it now. >_> /hisses at Crossfit

Welcome, Sal! (can I call you Sal? :P)

T'sal works, too. ;) So yes, feel free. Thank you for the greeting. ^^ I've done a lot of table-top RPing, but I don't know how much guts it takes compared to an MMO.... the table-top is just with friends and there are way more people involved in the MMO scene. I did get to do one LARP-like event once, which was kinda intimidating since I didn't know a bunch of them. It was a Game of Thrones dinner event where we all had goals. I actually achieved mine, but I was such a sneaky underhanded cunning person that everyone decided I had been the one responsible for the murder and I got arrested by the Hand at the end. :( I was innocent, dangit! Ah, the curse of being a little too good at plotting/manipulating. >_>

Welcome! But don't go back to that corner, T'sal, because that corner is actually booby trapped into releasing an horror from the depths every third full moon. But only in January. Which is why it didn't trap you with its thousand maws the first time.

Oh pish, I'm sure it can't be any worse than dealing with Yoggie-poo. ;) But if that particular corner is bad, I'll just go conquer a different one. I will, however, avoid the closet.... >_> Thanks!

My my, you have a long and storied history with RP and MMOs...seems that when you get over the initial shyness, you're in for the long-haul :).

What can we do to make you feel more comfortable?

I hope to be in for the long haul, yes.... I miss the 'home' I had in DAoC and then in WoW. And convincing myself to actually post and offer up my little T'sal up to the judgement of others is what I really need to do to settle in. Hopefully he won't be so bad that I get the boot... xD I already attempted one exercise in the '100 questions' thread. Thank you for the greeting. :3

welcome to the RP ^^ quite the resume you got. I think you'll fit right in.

Thank you! I hope I do, people seem to be having a lot of fun from what I've seen.

You have been warned. Make sure you're duly prepared.

Hmmmm... pie. <3 Haha, I will take your warning to heart. But I think... once I'm comfortable... I am not the one who is going to need the warning. >_>

>:}

Thank you all for the greetings! I'll start working on getting T'sal's wiki set up.

T'sal works, too. ;) So yes, feel free. Thank you for the greeting. ^^ I've done a lot of table-top RPing, but I don't know how much guts it takes compared to an MMO.... the table-top is just with friends and there are way more people involved in the MMO scene. I did get to do one LARP-like event once, which was kinda intimidating since I didn't know a bunch of them. It was a Game of Thrones dinner event where we all had goals. I actually achieved mine, but I was such a sneaky underhanded cunning person that everyone decided I had been the one responsible for the murder and I got arrested by the Hand at the end. :( I was innocent, dangit! Ah, the curse of being a little too good at plotting/manipulating. >_>

Wow sounds like fun. Did you get to play a specific person? Sounds like Little Finger...

I would make a smashing Robert Baratheon.  :D Drinking and -erm you know- early death and all that.

Wow sounds like fun. Did you get to play a specific person? Sounds like Little Finger...

I would make a smashing Robert Baratheon.  :D Drinking and -erm you know- early death and all that.

Haha, we weren't actual characters from the books, though I THINK we were specific houses. It's been years since we did it.... All I remember about my character was that I was single and obsessed with my brother, who was married to a woman I didn't trust/like/etc and one of my goals was to get blackmail on her and get her firmly under my thumb so I would be sure she couldn't do anything to endanger my brother.

Thankfully I wasn't 'Circe'-esque obsessed with my brother... /shudder

Thank you, S'sato! :3

It stinks to be an avid day-dreamer/writer/RP-er AND be chronically shy-at-first.... Makes it hard to join in anything new. Bleh. So yeah... here I am, finally posting after lurking around here as a guest for a few months now.

Hehehehehe. You and me both. Ahh day-dreaming~ [walks straight into a wall]

ANYWAY, welcome to the RPC! Can't wait to meet your character in-game! :D