Why Hello There!

Greetings Roleplayers of Hydaelyn! The name is Locke, Charlie in real life but it find that much too dull. I am 23, currently living in London, England. I’m an Acting student in training; working part-time in a restaurant. I was thrilled to find that there was an already established roleplaying community here on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Though I’ve only ever played the beta up to level 20, I can official confirm today that I have fallen in love with the game and everything about it. I am, of course, a new player though I am eager to delve deep into roleplaying in plots, events and expanding my own character whom I’ve given a great deal of love already.

MMORPG background

- Final Fantasy XI (04-06)

- Star Wars Galaxies (04-09)

- World of Warcraft (06-09)

- Lord of the Rings Online (06-13)

- Star Wars: The Old Republic(11-12)

- Guild Wars 2 (12-13)   

RP experience

My roleplaying journey began in 2004 when I came across a roleplay community based on Star Wars: Jedi Academy. There I learned how to create and establish a character, plot events and scenarios whilst also leading various player factions in the game.

It was not until 2006 however, when I discovered the Lord of the Rings Online, in which I truly became a well rounded roleplayer. There I created a number of very deep and detailed characters, writing background stories and forging relationships in game which drove my characters forward. Ever striving to push my characters with life-changing (and even life-threatening) events so that they never remained static, always changing and progressing.

Aside from LOTRO I also dabbled on text-roleplaying forums spanning across various different genres, also roleplaying for a year within the Star Wars universe once again on the most recent MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I have been influenced by Final Fantasy since I was in my very early teens. I picked up Final Fantasy 9, pre-owned completely unaware how much of an impact it would have on me in the years to come. Without a doubt it influenced me as a roleplayer, storyteller and writer.

Character ideas / Infomation

Having become extremely attached to a character I’ve created and developed over many years, I have decided to make my main a tweaked second incarnation of the very same character. I don’t wish to give too much away, but he is by definition a ‘False Nobleman’ who has lied, cheated and woo’ed his way out of the gutter. I’ve written many tales about this character which I plan to post here on the forums. In short, his primary ambition once was wealth and titles but after a series of events; having fallen lost friends, endured love and struggled against the odds of the world, he has changed quite a fair bit over the years, though still maintaining his up-beat personality and charm.  

How did you learn about the coalition?

After playing the first phase of beta I immediately searched ‘Final Fantasy 14 Roleplay’ in google and found the website.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Though I am all for instancing, questing and overall gameplay I would label myself as a heavy roleplayer. In previous games that was my only motive to log on, to roleplay and meet new characters. I am quite confident that it will be the same case here on Balmung. I also really wish to find a group of like-minded roleplayers in form of a Guild in game.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Not a lot to share which I haven’t said already really. My hobbies include theatre, gym and going out into London, drinking with rent money and as a result demonstrating to my friends and the world how ungifted a dancer I am.

I'm really look forward to meeting you all in game and more importantly, roleplaying with you!

- R. Locke

Welcome R.Locke!

Looks like we've passed through many of the same games :) Do you feel like being an acting student helps out with your on-line role play? Are there skills you bring from there that help you out when interacting with other characters in game? I would think that there would certainly be some parallel :D

Hope to run into you in game :thumbsup:!

I’d like to think so Teardrop! It most certainly makes me slightly cruel towards my characters in terms of throwing them around a bit, I’m pretty sure they’d want to kill me if we ever met in real life. So we share the same good taste in games? Hope to see you in Eorzea then! :D

Taeh Marchand you have just made my day, truly. I did have major concerns whether or not I’d be the only European on the server, however unlikely. But this is fantastic! I’ll be sure to sign up, thank you!

I’d be honoured to join the family! I never really had any major concerns given the fact it would be highly unlikely that I’d be one of very few people from the EU coming to Balmung. I mean, as Balmung is one of the main roleplaying servers I was sure it would draw a lot of attention. Though, great having that confirmed! Hope to see you in game fellow English brethren!