Strange dream I had about the FFX HD Remake ..

I just remembered having this dream last night, and considering the subject matter I figured I'd share it here. I have no idea where this dream came from. The FFX HD remake is perhaps the furthest thing from my mind, and even then I am only mildly interested in it. Also notable about this dream is that my perspective doesn't change. I'm always looking at the game as myself playing and critiquing it.

So it starts off with Tidus as a child leading an adult Tidus down some stairs. Child Tidus looks basically like a shrunken version of the actual Tidus from the game in real life. But adult Tidus looks .. off. His clothing is still black and yellow, but the design is different, the yellow is kind of faded. His hair is still yellow, but also faded, shorter, yet it covers his right eye. You can tell it's supposed to be Tidus but his look is drastically different from the original (in real life) minus the similar color patterns.

Child Tidus runs off, leaving adult Tidus to aimlessly wander this train station that's really fancy and Final Fantasy-y. He doesn't know where he is or how he got there. But suddenly gunshots ring out, and Tidus gets hit in the side. He falls forward onto his face and struggles to get up. He sees some boxes up some stairs he can take cover behind. The stairs lead to a short bridge people can use to get to the other side of the train tracks. He says, "Come on, move it, Desmond!" And I'm thinking, "Desmond .. ? Why did they change his name to Desmond?"

So he takes cover behind those boxes (that are there for some reason), and some soldiers take cover behind some boxes a bit further along the bridge (that is of course littered with stacked boxes along the way). The soldiers I guess kinda look like the Shinra soldiers you fight at the beginning of FF7 or something.

The soldiers are firing at him, and suddenly this girl slides up to some other boxes next to Tidus at the other side of the railing. She's dressed in leathers. Her brown hair is kinda mussed and sticks up (sort of like Paine's from FFX-2, I guess). And she has an eyepatch over one of her eyes. .. This is Yuna. She slides a pistol and a clip (and a silencer for some reason) over to 'Desmond', who loads the gun and affixes the silencer. He starts taking shots at the soldiers, instantly getting something like three headshots in a row.

Yuna asks 'Desmond' what his name is, and he looks at the information along the side of his gun. I'm thinking, "No. No, no .. no no .. no." One of the words alongside the gun is 'Tidus' .. so he looks up at Yuna and says, " .. I'm Tidus." And I facepalm so hard.

That's about all I remember. But it was just .. so weird. So wrong. I just have no idea where that dream came from, or why. But there it is. I can't imagine what the outcry would be if they actually turned FFX into whatever that mess was in my dream.

I just remembered having this dream last night, and considering the subject matter I figured I'd share it here. I have no idea where this dream came from. The FFX HD remake is perhaps the furthest thing from my mind, and even then I am only mildly interested in it. Also notable about this dream is that my perspective doesn't change. I'm always looking at the game as myself playing and critiquing it.

So it starts off with Tidus as a child leading an adult Tidus down some stairs. Child Tidus looks basically like a shrunken version of the actual Tidus from the game in real life. But adult Tidus looks .. off. His clothing is still black and yellow, but the design is different, the yellow is kind of faded. His hair is still yellow, but also faded, shorter, yet it covers his right eye. You can tell it's supposed to be Tidus but his look is drastically different from the original (in real life) minus the similar color patterns.

Child Tidus runs off, leaving adult Tidus to aimlessly wander this train station that's really fancy and Final Fantasy-y. He doesn't know where he is or how he got there. But suddenly gunshots ring out, and Tidus gets hit in the side. He falls forward onto his face and struggles to get up. He sees some boxes up some stairs he can take cover behind. The stairs lead to a short bridge people can use to get to the other side of the train tracks. He says, "Come on, move it, Desmond!" And I'm thinking, "Desmond .. ? Why did they change his name to Desmond?"

So he takes cover behind those boxes (that are there for some reason), and some soldiers take cover behind some boxes a bit further along the bridge (that is of course littered with stacked boxes along the way). The soldiers I guess kinda look like the Shinra soldiers you fight at the beginning of FF7 or something.

The soldiers are firing at him, and suddenly this girl slides up to some other boxes next to Tidus at the other side of the railing. She's dressed in leathers. Her brown hair is kinda mussed and sticks up (sort of like Paine's from FFX-2, I guess). And she has an eyepatch over one of her eyes. .. This is Yuna. She slides a pistol and a clip (and a silencer for some reason) over to 'Desmond', who loads the gun and affixes the silencer. He starts taking shots at the soldiers, instantly getting something like three headshots in a row.

Yuna asks 'Desmond' what his name is, and he looks at the information along the side of his gun. I'm thinking, "No. No, no .. no no .. no." One of the words alongside the gun is 'Tidus' .. so he looks up at Yuna and says, " .. I'm Tidus." And I facepalm so hard.

That's about all I remember. But it was just .. so weird. So wrong. I just have no idea where that dream came from, or why. But there it is. I can't imagine what the outcry would be if they actually turned FFX into whatever that mess was in my dream.

fd6bg1.jpg

Yes. I made this just for this occasion. Yes. You may have it.