Vhaelin'sae Utaj

jheld

I. Basic Info

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to roleplay, or simply review some of my written works.  I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in game and potentially building out some wonderful stories.

• Characters:Vhaelin'sae Utaj
  • Primary character:Vhaelin'sae Utaj
  • Linkshells:None yet, and looking!
  • Primary RP linkshell:None yet, and looking!

II. RP Style

I am a veteran roleplayer of IRC freeform; this includes both long posts and short, including narrative RP on forum threads.  I enjoy a darker atmosphere, with my favorite characters featuring a certain level of dry and grim wit.

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I think there is a time and place for RP, but I consider myself a medium roleplayer.  Many nights I just want to sit down and grind out a bit in mindless quests or leveling, but others I want to engage in RP.  Don't expect me to be in character at all times, though I'll happily slip IC if the opportunity presents itself.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I enjoy it!  I tend to keep injuries consistent with a more 'real' application approach rather than merely going off of what the health bar has.  The same applies toward combat in general, if it is thematically appropriate to lose a fight.. then the fight is lost!

• Views on IC romance:
    I'm not opposed to it, though it's rarely the focus of any RP I go through.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I would be careful about establishing any family ties, or some deep 'history' of characters.  It tends to feel flimsy to use a Macguffin like that.  I would prefer to build the friendships/relationships from scratch, rather than build one at an OOC level.

• Views on lore:
    I try my best to adhere to lore!  However, I am still learning the FFXIV lore so expect mistakes and if you correct me please just be a little polite!

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Used where appropriate!  I think it is a little much to always be in character, especially in a 'global' chat frames, though I would expect the /say and other functions to be primarily based around IC activity.

III. Other Info

More Information!

About Me/Introduction

The Picture of Me!

Ongoing Story for Vhaelin

Old Story for Undeveloped Character