Yet Another New Face

Momono

MMORPG Background

My  MMO experience actually isn’t as profound asmany others. I didn’t come from WoW or any other largely known MMO. To be perfectly honest, while I’ve spent many years playing Free-to-Play MMOs the only real game I spent the cash to stick around with was Puzzle Pirates (I know, not what most people think of when they think MMO). I can’t count, however, the number of FTP MMOs I’ve played. Unfortunately for me, my MMO experience has been distinctly lacking in RP. I never really managed to find that niche where I could enjoy the world not as a place to PvP but to embrace the role of truly becoming my character. (Most of my RPG experience itself lies in my years of obsession with console games. After all, I am primarily a console gamer, hence why my copy of FF14 will be played over PS3.)

RP Experience

I’ve spent roughly10, maybe more, years roleplaying. I’ve recently gotten back into forum-based RP. Sure, I’ve embraced my fair share of PvE and Realm vs. Realm in MMOs as well. I never have had an interest in PvP. I try my best with immersing myself into my character and their world as much as possible. (Does that make me sound crazy? I certainly hope not…) As far as recent roleplay, I’ve come to embrace playing a female character more and more often. (I never used to.) Don’t ask, just find the role fun to play. xD Of course, I’ll be playing a male this time around so here’s to different!

Character ideas

I’ve had many ideasas of right now. Not exactly 100% on anything, but I do know for a fact that I’ll be a Plainsfolk Lalafell with cropped pink hair. Why? ‘Cause I think it makes him look funny. Plus I think it’ll contrast his stubborn attempts at trying not to be cute. To this end he’ll likely be quite hot-headed when someone calls him as such. He’ll be fun loving, and probably a bit arrogant (likely deterring some). Despite it all, he’ll have a good heart. No matter how sarcastic he is, he never wants to see someone cry (especially women). As far as goals for what he’ll be class wise, I’m currently thinking of making him a Marauder until the time in which I can switch over and be an Armorer. I haven’t heard of many of them, and think it might be fun to RP. Of course, being new to RP in MMOs I am hoping to find comrades with which to enjoy the experience. xD

What kind of roleplayer am I?

I would call myselfsomewhere around heavily RP based. I plan to live my characters life as realistically as possible. No rushing of quests or instant travel for me (If I can avoid it, that is.) I’ll carry food around and stop for a rest in my travels (as one would if they were actually traveling a grand distance). xD I plan to stay in character even whilst in the middle of questing. I’m all hyped up to get started, now!

About me IRl

Hello, hello!~ Thename’s Dalton. 20 year old Physics major (painful as it is at times) and avid fan of RP and all things Anime/Manga. If you’ve ever happen to get to know me, you’ll come to find that I am quite the fan of romance. (It’s my personal obsession when it comes to RP and anime both!~) Most consider me… quiet IRL? While I could once consider myself an avid gamer, I’ve tapered off in my aging. Uh… Not sure what else to say… @_@;; I look forward to gettin’ to know and RP with you all.

Physics, you say!?

Well, welcome and I'm glad you decided to play FFXIV. I always thought that PS3 people and Computer people wouldn't be able to play together-- or that Console people wouldn't be able to RP. I know that keyboards exist they just seem more awkward for a PS3 somehow. I dunno.

The hard-coredness of your RP realism, actually walking around and RPing more or less full-time, is inspiring. <3

Physics, you say!?

Well, welcome and I'm glad you decided to play FFXIV. I always thought that PS3 people and Computer people wouldn't be able to play together-- or that Console people wouldn't be able to RP. I know that keyboards exist they just seem more awkward for a PS3 somehow. I dunno.

The hard-coredness of your RP realism, actually walking around and RPing more or less full-time, is inspiring. <3

Aye!~

I wondered if someone would wonder about my decision to RP through PS3. I admit it does seem a bit awkward. But I have the Sony brand keypad thing, so it's actually quite easy for me to type without having to ditch my controller to pick up a keyboard. xD

Also: Thank ya kindly.~ XP

Physics, you say!?

Aye!~

I wondered if someone would wonder about my decision to RP through PS3. I admit it does seem a bit awkward. But I have the Sony brand keypad thing, so it's actually quite easy for me to type without having to ditch my controller to pick up a keyboard. xD

Also: Thank ya kindly.~ XP

Ya sooooo welcome~