Kyraeth Vale

Kiyla

I.Basic Info

• Characters: Kyraeth Vale (At this time, I have no plans to roll alternate characters.)
  • Primary character: Kyraeth Vale
  • Linkshells: 

II.RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

Heavy to immersive. I may not always be in character while I'm out questing or doing dungeons (just because I need to level up archer to unlock black mage doesn't mean my character actually knows how to shoot a bow), but I put a great deal of work into creating a living, dynamic character with extensive memories and a full psychological profile. Character creation is an outlet for my personal interests in sociology and psychology.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

Kyraeth is not a combat character, and will avoid combat whenever possible. She'd prefer so solve conflicts with wit and/or diplomacy. That being said, I'm completely comfortable with RP conflict, and have been known to have had vicious arguments in character that lasted for hours without getting upset IRL. However, I feel that combat and conflict should never be entered into without consent and communication on both sides, and that injuries should never occur without permission. When engaging in conflict, one should never emote that they do something... one should emote that they -attempt- to do something in order to allow the other person to decide whether or not their character is affected by it. Often, dice rolls can be used to determine success/failure if both parties are comfortable with that system.

• Views on IC romance:

First and foremost, I am happily married IRL. I am not looking for ERP. If my character becomes romantically involved with another character, I draw the line at "fade to black."

That being said, the development of friendships and relationships are an important part of life, and help to define who we are and how we see the world. However, I feel such relationships should be developed naturally, and slowly. If someone meets my character and professes their undying love two days later, neither I nor my character are going to take that person seriously. I am not interested in RPing "hey, you're hawt, let's hook up," and my character will NOT be easy to court. The times that my character has become involved in a romantic relationship, those courtships have lasted anywhere from 3-8 months of RL time.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

My character's parents are NPCs, and a friend played her elder brother, Faolan Vale (now deceased). I'm willing to RP family ties, as long as they're realistic and discussed beforehand. Please, no "hi, I'm your illegitimate half-sister!" ambushes.

• Views on lore:

Playing FFXIV was a last-minute decision, and I haven't played any of the previous FF games. I'm not an expert when it comes to the lore here, but I have paid attention and read all my quest text. I won't break lore on purpose. If I do so on accident, please feel free to send me a tell and I'll try to fix it. Please do not, however, act like my character is an idiot and argue about it ICly simply because there's a bit of obscure lore somewhere that I haven't seen, yet.

I'm fascinated by magic systems, and I sometimes might poke at their boundaries. I like to play with the idea of what's possible, even if there's no record of it having been actually done within the lore history. After all, if it's already been done, why bother telling that story again? If you prefer to stick with the idea that what magic can do in a world is strictly limited to the buttons on your hotbar, you may not be comfortable RPing with me. I plan to explore the theoretical concepts of aetheric science and magitek because I find them a great deal of fun to create stories with.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

I keep /say and/emotes completely IC. I do not use OOC brackets in say, and keep those within the confines of tells or party chat. I assume party chat and tells are OOC unless someone is standing next to me and whispering ICly, or we've previously set up an IC private communication device... which would be better handled by a private IC linkshell, anyway.

I assume that party chat is OOC unless an IC conversation has been specifically taken to party chat to make it easier to keep track of, or because it's a private conversation in low voices so as to not be overheard.

III.Other Info

• Timezone: Central
  • Contact info: Please send me a PM, or contact me in game.