Helfric Steele

shdwsng

I. Basic Info

•  
  • Characters:Helfric Steele, Amianne Chatelfort.

• Primary character:Rheya Tayuun

• Linkshells:None yet

• Primary RP linkshell:None Yet, But Looking

II. RP Style

•  
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
     Medium to Heavy. RP beats all, so feel free to drop any of my characters a line. I thought Helfric would take over, but then I got to playing Rheya, so that's who you'll find me on most evenings.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
     I prefer some sort of rolling system but can work around it with prior agreement. Attacker posts their move, defender replies to it with the defender deciding what damage they take. Godmodders can take a long jump off a short pier into shark-infested waters.

• Views on IC romance:
     My characters tend to be fully-formed people in my head. As a result, they get lonely, bored, etc. So if we hit it off, I have no problem with IC romances. They're the fun kind of IC drama. OOCly, I'm blissfully happily married. There will be no IC/OOC spillover other than "Hey, you're cool. Let's be friends." And I have no problem with ERP, as long as it's kept private and it furthers the story. Because the story, after-all, is what we're here for. So if you want in one of my character's underpants? Work for it ICly! It's more fun for everyone that way.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    There's always room for friends, and I don't have much in the way of family set up. Helfric's got no family in the area, and Rheya's only surviving relatives are on her father's side. And since she got told horror stories about life as a Tia under the Seekers of the Sun... I'm not opposed to her finding that side of her family, but they'll have to live with the fact that she's a headstrong, stubborn Keeper of the Moon.

• Views on lore:
     I'm getting the hang of FFXIV's lore slowly... I occasionally typo, but I have enough of the general framework to not stand out too horribly. If I goof, it's not intentional. We're playing in Square's sandbox, so it makes more sense to work within the framework that they give us.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
     ...um, it's how we talk to one another?   There's enough magic and technology to accommodate radios, communications crystals, etc. That being said, /say is always IC without ((being clearly marked as OOC)).

III. Other Info

•  

• Timezone:Central

• Contact info:PM on this website is fine for now.

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]

• 2 weeks later...

Part 1: The Basics

1.What is your full name?

~Rheya Tayuun.

2.Where and when were you born?

~A small fishing village near Limsa Lominsa. It doesn’texist anymore.

3.Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)

~My Da was F’Lohi Tia, my Mum was Naoh Elakha. Da was a Seeker of the Sun working the fishing boats, Mum was a Keeper of the Moon who worked mostly as a weaver and seamstress. I took after Mum, fangs and all, so I consider myself a Keeper.

4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like?

~I’m an only child. Mum wanted more, but when some nasty pox swept the village… It made it hard for her to have children. Shame, I always wanted a brother or sister.

5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.

~The Drowning Wench, by myself. I don’t have the money to get a place of my own, and don’t know anyone I’d want to share it with yet.

6.What is your occupation?

~Jill-of-all-trades, master of bloody little.“Adventurer” is such a polite way of saying, “I do the weird and dangerous odd jobs for money”. Of course, I also occasionally work with the Arcanists Guild to assist their assessors in customs. I’d love a full-time job there, but it’s too dangerous for me yet.

7.Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.

~Slightly above average height for a Miquo'te, moderately above average bust, but the rest of me is pretty skinny. Comes from a few years where I didn’t eat real well or real regular, and only got exercise on my back. Black hair with lighter highlights, a matching tail that’s a bit longer than average, bright green eyes, and my womanhood markings on my face are a flowing lavender. I’m ever so slightly nearsighted, and glad to finally be able to afford glasses to help! Fortunately, I can see things close clearly. It's only in the distance I have to squint to determine if that's a hedgehog or an adamantoise.  

8.To which social class do you belong?

~Low, definitely. My parents were the absolute opposite of rich, and if Da hadn’t been a fisher then we’d have been lean as can be more often than not.

9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?

~Aside from the slight nearsightedness, something that blooms in the spring around Gridania makes me sneeze something fierce. Fortunately, it’s only during the Second Umbral Moon that they bloom, and it doesn't grow around Limsa Lominsa.

10. Are you right- or left-handed?

~Right Handed.

11. What does your voice sound like?

~Um… Myself? It’s usually described as “soft andpleasant”.

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?

~Oh, Menphina, I wish I could tell you. I tend towards precision when I can, and silence when I can’t. Silence never meant a beating, or worse.

13. What do you have in your pockets?

~Gil, a hidden knife, and a collection of string andshiny pebbles.

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

~I love to pick up odd shells, cutepebbles, and thanks to my training in fixing nets if I have some string I tend to make cat’s cradles whenever I’m bored.

Part 2: Growing Up

15. How would you describe your childhood in general?

~Generally… Good. Mum and Da both doted on me, and they were deeply in love with each other. We were poor, but thanks to the bounty of Llymlaen the Navigator we had plenty to eat. Honestly, there wasn’t many people in the village that were better off, and we banded together to help those who were worse when they needed it.

16. What is your earliest memory?

~Mum singing something in a language I didn’t understandwhile braiding my hair as a child. Memphina, I couldn’t have been more than three or four.

17. How much schooling have you had?

~Very little formal schooling. Mum taught the villagekids to read, write, and do their sums. I was always best at the sums! My friend Maeve wrote better than I did, though.

18. Did you enjoy school?

~Sinceit was time with my Mum? Lots. 

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?

~As an Arcanist, I’ve always had a head for numbers and distances. That translated into just “getting” the Sacred Geometry when I got my hands on a grimoire. Other than that, it’s the product of being a fisher’s brat. I know good fish from bad, I can fix nets, I have zero fear of heights and can climb the rigging like nobody’s business.

20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them.

~My parents, for the most part.

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?

~Splendidly! As their only child, I kind of got doted on.But I couldn’t be lazy enough to get properly spoiled since we ALL had to work hard to survive. But we had love, and it was allright.

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

~A weaver and seamstress like Mum. She made all kinds ofpretty clothes!

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?

~Reading hour with Mum, helping Maeve mend nets while we giggled about boys, and climbing the rigging of the fishing boat Da worked on.

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?

~As a child… I was all kinds of cheerful. That didn’tchange until… the Calamity. I still have the ability to take naps just about anywhere, anytime, as long as I’ve got a bit of a sunbeam to bake my bones.

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like?

~My best friend was a Hyur, Maeve. We were inseparable as kids, and didn’t get much farther apart as we grew up.

26. When and with whom was your first kiss?

~With Maeve. She began to blossom shortly before I did,and conversating about boys led to a little bit of practice.

27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?

~If you’re talking sex in general, that would be shortly after I started to blossom with Maeve. If you’re talking about lying with a man, that would be shortly after the Calamity thanks to Chase.

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.

~I’m a simple Miquo'te, and nothing out of the ordinary.My parents taught me right from wrong. My best friend Maeve taught me how to love. Chase… taught me how to hate. That’s the lesson I wish I hadn’t learned, but I learned it to the dregs.

Part 3: Past Influences

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?

~The Calamity. My home wiped out,  my parents killed, my best friend missing,that son of a leprous jackal Chase taking me under his wing… Without that, my life would be a lot different.

30. Who has had the most influence on you?

~It’s a tossup between my parents and Chase.

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?

~Mastering the Sacred Geometry enough to summon Carbuncle. He’s so CYOOOT!

32. What is your greatest regret?

~Allowing myself to get bullied into accepting Chase’s“protection”, and then staying with him as long as I did.

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?

~Not lifting a finger to help a man who was kind to mewhen he was killed.

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?

~Was I a criminal? Yes. Was I ever caught? No. TheCalamity… shook up a LOT of things.

35. When was the time you were the most frightened?

~The Calamity striking and destroying our homes. I wassure I was going to die!

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?

~There are several things, but I can’t choose just one.Desperation trumps embarrassment every time.

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?

~After that first night with that goblin-humping worm-infestedpile of fewmets Chase, I’d have pulled his dagger and killed him instead of lying awake thinking about it.

38. What is your best memory?

~Telling Maeve that I loved her, and her saying that she loved me back.

39. What is your worst memory?

~So many choices… But it’s probably watching that wall of water rise higher and higher to blot out the stars, the moon, and our homes.

Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?

~Surprisingly… Optimistic.

41. What is your greatest fear?

~That I’d fall into the hands of someone worse than Chaseand be unable to break free.

42. What are your religious views?

~I revere the Twelve, but since they were powerless to stop Bahamut and the Garlenians… What have they done for me lately? Nothing. So let the gods tend to their own, I've got my own business to handle. 

43. What are your political views?

~Politics is a game for those on high. As long as reavers aren’t raiding the coastline who cares whether some fat merchant’s making an extra hundred gil here or there. because of taxes.

44. What are your views on sex?

~Sex for fun, well… It’s fun! I love sex. That being said, I’ve had to use it to survive before and would much rather not go back to spreading my legs for a handful of gil. As far as men or women, I slightly prefer women since they haven’t hurt me as badly… But a right handsome man… Rowr!

45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?

~Easily. I don’t kill women unless they’re trying to kill me, I don’t kill children at all, but any man who wants to threaten me? They don’t get a second chance.  Period.

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing anyhuman being could do?

~Take a scared, broken child and twist them into a warped form of dependence on you.

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/ortrue love?

~My core as a hopeless romantic hasn’t QUITE beenextinguished. Yes, but not love at first sight.

48. What do you believe makes a successful life?

~Being happy, being secure, and being in love. Everything else is just details.

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?

~The blank mask of uninterest… I hide behind that a lot.Letting the tears slip free with a laugh and a merry quip? I hide behind that mask more than I care

to. Letting people see how broken I really am? Well… I haven’t let people get that close in years.

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?

~I don’t particularly like most male Seekers, especially those who go by “Nunh”. That’s my father’s fault with his occasional horror stories about growing up in a desert tribe on the ragged edge of survival. Male Lalafells aren’t my preferred lovers but other than that I try not to judge.

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do underany circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it?

~Repeat with an innocent, broken child what Chase did to me. I’ll die before I hurt someone that badly.

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?

~I’d die for my friend Maeve, if by some strange fate she’s still alive. Otherwise, nobody’s got that kind of hold on me.

Part 5: Relationships With Others

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?

~Generally polite, because it doesn’t cost you much of anything. It might change, but I haven’t let people close for quite a while now.

54. Who is the most important person in your life, andwhy?

~Right now? Me, followed by my dead parents.

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

~Um… Myself? I’m a bit short on friends.

56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a bestfriend?  Describe these people.

~See above. I haven’t let anyone close for quite a while, and I’m kinda lonely.

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  Ifso, describe this person.

~Nope. Wish I did, though.

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened.

~Puppy love with Maeve, but she got a boyfriend. And then the Calamity happened before I could win her back or get a boyfriend of my own…

59. What do you look for in a potential lover?

~Kindness, caring, and being endowed just well enough!

60. How close are you to your family?

~My parents are dead, and I don’t know any of my extended family. So... not.

61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not?

~Nope. And I’m nowhere near secure enough yet. I need tobe able to make sure MY children don’t go through what I did.

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?

~Nobody. I’d manage on my own, suffer without, or die on my feet.

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, andwhy?

~Myself. Nobody else has proven themselves worthy.

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?

~Probably nobody except for Baderon. And only him because he managed to catch me in the bath the first night I stayed at the Drowning Wench…

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?

~That never-sufficiently-damned pus-swilling bloated tick on the genital warts of a leprous hyena, Chase. And that’s an insult that I expect every hyena in existence to try and kill me over. I'm just sorry that I never found out where his grave was so I could properly piss on it.

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

~I try to avoid conflict, but I’ll stand my ground until the OTHER moon falls if I feel it’s necessary.

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

~Depends on whether I know people or not. I usually just hang back if I’m the new person in the group.

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not?

~Um… I can handle it, but I’m sort of shy.

69. Do you care what others think of you?

~To a point yes, but mostly no. I know where I stand, andI’m not going to make excuses for surviving.

Part 6: Likes And Dislikes

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?

~I hate being bored with a fiery passion. So, I do a lot of things. The only constant is finger-weaving.

71. What is your most treasured possession?

~My Grimoires. Without them, I’m lost!

72. What is your favorite color?

~Deep water royal blue.

73. What is your favorite food?

~A certain kind of shrimp and dodo stew. Mum made it for my birthday every year, since dodo was often a treat. Unfortunately, I never learned to make it.

74. What, if anything, do you like to read?

~Anything and everything I can get my hands on.

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?

~Books, music, and paintings. I often don’t have the patience for plays. Although I occasionally make exceptions for cute actors.

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit?

~I don’t smoke, because it messes with my nose. I don’t drink much, because I’m a very, VERY maudlin drunk. I definitely don’t do drugs, because breaking free of their addiction once HURT. I don’t know if I have the willpower to break free a second time.

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?

~Running odd jobs and killing things, not necessarily in that order.

78. What makes you laugh?

~I’ve got a decent, if rather black sense of humor. Most things are funny, unless they’re clearly not. Then they're hilarious.

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?

~Shocks? Not much these days. Offends? Anything where the strong prey on the weak for amusement and not pure survival.  

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?

~Crafts, cats-cradles, reading, playing fetch with Carbuncle… Eventually I’d go kill things until I couldn’t see straight.

81. How do you deal with stress?

~The source of my stress usually dies. Or it gets yelled at until it leaves if I can’t kill it.

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?

~Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

83. What are your pet peeves?

~People who are needlessly rude and full of their own self-importance. Yes, my friend, your fecal matter DOES add to the smell of the sewer. Get over yourself.

Part 7: Self Images And Etc.

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?

~Odd jobs and killing things. I don’t have a routine other than that to disrupt!

85. What is your greatest strength as a person?

~Willpower. I’ve learned the hard way that I’m a survivorand I’ll do what I must to stay alive.

86. What is your greatest weakness?

~Well… I’ve been told I’m a wee bit stubborn, a wee bit prickly, and I have a terrible habit of sticking my nose in other people’s business when it looks like someone’s getting treated like I was.

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

~I’d much rather not have gotten so cold about life,death, and the maiming that lies on the edge.

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

~Introverted, although I can fake the alternative.

89. Are you generally organized or messy?

~Organized. I’ve lived in squalor for far, far too long.

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.

~Good: The craft of the Arcanist, surviving, and swearing. Bad: Opening up to people I don't know, singing, and remembering names.

91. Do you like yourself?

~No.

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)

~I want the money to never go hungry or cold, and I want the respect to never have anyone think I’m an easy mark just because I’m a Miquo’te woman on her own. And finally, I want the resources to ensure that if I ever do start a family that my children won't suffer like I did. And the only way to do that is to claw the gil and respect out of the cold, uncaring world.

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in yourlifetime?

~See above. Plus a harem.

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

~Either living my dream, harem and all, or dead.

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

~In my sleep, peacefully, after a blissful day with the harem.

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.

~Tell the Admiral that she’s a damn sexy woman and that I respect the hells out of her. Drag her to bed for a few hours if she'll let me. Tell Baderon that he’s a lecherous fop, and then drag him to bed for as much of the remaining day as he’s got stamina for.

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

~That I made a difference in the world for the better.

98. What three words best describe your personality?

~Stubborn, willful, and stubborn.

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?

~ “That stubborn, frustrating, irresistible little bitch…”   Okay, it’s five. But they go so NICELY together.

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)

~Don’t be afraid to dream big, and don’t settle foranything less than the best!