Looking for RP! (Super new. Gilgamesh. Shortened Intro)

VisualFish

Edit: Made things shorter. 

For those who don't want to read everything down below, here is the sum-up: 

• I am new to MMO RP. Not new to Paragraph form role-play through email/Google Docs. 
  • Was exclusively RPing with my bff, and haven't role-played with other people in years. I am kind of shy @_@ FFXIV is pretty much the first MMORPG I enjoy. 
  • I made a copy of my character Eskri Dibujo on over on Gilgamesh. You can see her profile on RPC and a little bit of an outdated search on the type of RPer I am looking for. Main goal is para RP. But want to try in-game RP. 
  • I am a freelance artist who goes by the name of VisualFish, or VisualFish Studios

ONWARD WITH MOUNTAIN: 

--MMORPG background: I have played some Ragnorak Online, FinalFantasy 11, WoW and GuildWars 2-- HOWEVER, I really couldn't get into the story for those games, and I don’t do too well with keyboard and mouse play. It actually hurts my fingers. However, FFXIV ARR is a totally different story. I actually find myself enjoying the game’s story and it doesn’t physically hurt to play it. (Plus, unlike FF11, I don’t hear that horrible farting noise and delevel and never go past level 15)  I feel safe to say that Final Fantasy 14, a Realm Reborn, is the first actual MMO that I have played--and it is the first MMO where I am learning terms like ADDs, TANK, and yes, even abbrevs like MT (mistype) I am such a newbie xD but we all have to start somewhere.

--RP experience: 

Been roleplaying since 2000 or so, when I got my very first computer. I started off in chatrooms, and then moved onto forums where I realized I really enjoyed one-on-one, paragraph form role-plays. I loved writing fiction with other people. My friend Grym and I have been role-playing with one another for years and became my exclusive. 

I used to write on yahoo chats, MSN, AIM, but it was hard since I liked to take some time to write out our replies, you know? So we ended up RPing through email, and then Google invented the wonderful, life saving, Google Drive, since we like to save our role-plays in documents. 

However, when it comes to role-playing on an MMO, I am afraid I am a little clueless. Not to mention I am incredibly shy since its been YEARS since I really applied to role-play anywhere. It is a real strange feeling stepping back into the unknown.

--Character ideas/info: 

Ideas..? Well.. I want to play female. 

Eskri's profile: || Starting Eskri's journal: 

I usually play as a dominant male figure in stories-- or a ‘seke’ male. It’s actually what I am very used to writing out with Grym. But I have really been aching to play a female role. I've tried it way back in the day. I miss it, and would like to try it out to play it as my main. 

What I love to role-play is love. Love, romance, friendship-- science fiction, fantasy--- I don't mind things turning dark or twisted, so long as I know what I'm getting myself into xD and I admit, I love it so much when it all leads to a good ERP-session. But I don’t like straight up ERP--I like the build to that moment. Learning about the character, their lives, their personalities. I love the friendship or drama that happens between characters. I am pretty open when it comes to the smut area. It is all fiction after all, and its meant to be fun fun fun~

--How did you learn about the coalition? 

I actually googled it. Took a peek, and ran away because ‘omg, I don’t know if I can do this’ ... but then my friend Grym sent me the link again and suggested that I should look into it. Then I worked up the courage to post here today :| 

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?: 

Medium, I think? I actually have my character in another server (Cactuar) where my friends are-- and I am a slow leveler. (I have much to do still in story.) I am still learning about lore! And I know I might make mistakes--so if you are a hardcore accurate lore RPer, maybe I am not the right person for you. But I do love the story, the characters, and just want to have fun fun fun. I made a copy of my character in another server GILGAMESH, just so I can try out the RP interactions in game. By the way, if you would like to do one-on-one paragraph form email RP eventually, please let me know. I love that stuff :|  

Also, just putting it out there, but my friend and I are trying to start up some RP over on Cactuar. Our Linkshell is Bards of Erozea. Like me, he is new to the whole in game RP thing.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc) 

http://visualfishstudios.deviantart.com/

I live to create. I am a frrlance starving artist. I also live with my husband, a guy I’ve met through online since my highschool days, and I got two dogs, a cat, and I LOVE Firefly, Mass Effect, Alien, Terminator, .... scifi. Oh and the Dark Crystal. I also have serious love for Grym.

Lovely art. :)  Welcome, and I hope you find some people to bolster your ranks before the 10,000 Needles get the best of you.

.. That was potentially confusing. I meant, I hope you can find a couple people to join you in Cactuar World.

-giggles- Ah, I dilike that little critter so much xD :cactuar: 

But if anything, i might just make a new character for RP purposes in one of the already established RP servers. But thanks for the luck!

You will be more than welcome with us!

Thank you, Rock :) I did make a Miqo'te over in Gilgamesh today. I'll be doing a shout. The names Eskri Dibujo on there.

Gotcha I'll do my best to locate you when I'm on to get you into one of the three networking linkshells on the server.

yay! please do. I just got on, but seems like one of the ooc ls's are pretty full already.