Formal Introduction

SessionZero

I finally got my hands on a digital download copy of the game! It hasn't finished downloading yet, but I thought I'd make my introduction post anyway, so I can start getting to know you all :)

--MMORPG background

Started waaaaaaaay back in the early 2000's with WoW, which I still play to this day. I played Diablo 2 (if that counts as an MMORPG), Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Neverwinter. 

--RP experience

I have a multitude of RP experience, starting with tabletops. I am an avid D&D player (DMing a game currently on Roll20) and have played Vampire: The Masquerade, Warhammer 40K, and Pathfinder. I was a high-ranking officer in my GW2 guild, and a Lt. Commander in my SW:ToR guild. 

--Character ideas/info

I still need to brush up on my lore with Eorzea and whatnot, but generally I prefer to play female characters who are younger, plucky, and favor quick DPS classes like rogues and thieves. My fallback character that I will most likely create first is Arianys Windgrove, though the name may change if it does not fit the lore. 

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Through the all-knowing master of all, Google.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I am a heavy RPer and prefer to be in-character 90% of the time. The only time I am typically not in character is during dungeons or raids. If you see me on the streets, please walk up and say hi! The best RP is the one that's played off-the-cuff.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I'm 25, married, with a 2 1/2 year old son. I work in IT and am going back to school for programming. When not gaming, I'm drawing, reading comics, or spending time with my wife and son. I like pizza and tacos, and my belly reflects that :P 

As an aside, I have not yet chosen a server, obviously, but I was leaning toward Gilgamesh, since I am a new player with no past experience of Final Fantasy MMOs. Can anyone suggest whether I should go with Gilgamesh or Balmung?

Welcome aboard! Either Balmung or Gilgamesh is fine for new players. I'll just say that I myself am completely new to the Final Fantasy series and not a legacy player but I've still found very welcoming people and lots of RP on Balmung. I don't know personally what Gilgamesh is like but I've heard they're very lovely too. It's up to you!

Yeah, probably going to roll on Gilgamesh. Also, after studying the lore for a bit, the name I chose seems to fit all right for a Hyur, so, barring it being taken, look for Arianys Windgrove on Gilgamesh!

Will be keeping an eye out for you then when I am not zipping by in my retard-powerlevel-mode.

Edit: And will add you to my friends list when I can! Make's it way easier.