Visiting the Float! [Open RP]

Aya

He laughed, pleased by her reaction to the gift. She really was delightful to look at, he thought.

"It truly is my pleasure", he purred, watching her clutch the veil to her chest. "Not only that", he admitted, "but sound business sense.

"You see", he continues, his eyes twinkling mischievously, "any man who sees you wearing this will want to buy one for his wife, while any woman will want to share in your beauty by dressing the same. I fully expect to have sold the other eleven veils by the time I leave the Float."

He smiles at her, his eyes flickering with the recognition by one exile of another.

The smile on the Hyur's lips turns coy as she dips her head away in response to C'kaya's unchecked compliments.  "So I am to be a sort of advertisement for your wares hmmm?" she asks, shifting her weight to her left foot as her body pivots slightly away.  "I suppose if that means getting to wear such things, I cannot complain too much, hmmm?" 

"In fact - if you have any you wish to display to potential customers in Gridania, or along the coast, I may be interested..."

He smiled warmly at her, tying the saddlebag closed again.

"Oh, the pleasure of giving the gift far outweighs any other considerations", he purred. "Your accepting it is all the repayment I could ask for."

He turned back to her as she spoke the last, his smile broadening into a grin. 

"Though it sounds like you like the idea of modeling these things. Hmmm...", he mused, speculatively. "With a model such as yourself, I may have to start carrying very expensive wares..."

Though hidden from C'kayah's sight, Aya cannot quite contain the brightness of her smile in response to his expression of satisfaction.  Though a penniless exile, Aya had never lost her desire for the finer things that seemed to always linger just out of reach.  Mentally she unfolded the veil while imagining herself wearing it in mid-dance--her eyes reflecting the sparkling jewelry that adorns her.  

His second comment breaks the spell of this dream, and draws her immediate reaction: head and shoulders turn toward him with an unsuppressed quickness, a toss that sets her blonde locks in motion as she looks back at him over her right shoulder.  There is a grin upon her lips and an interest in her eyes that expresses an unspoken enthusiasm more readily than words could match.

He laughed delightedly at her reaction. The tossed hair; the quick glance over her shoulder, so innocent yet so knowing. He nodded to himself. She could sell a lot of veils and perfume.

"We'll have to talk about this, then", he purred. "I'm going to go settle in. Dine with me later, we'll go over the details."

He smiles confidently at her, leading his chocobo over the bridge toward the inn. This trip could be profitable in all sorts of ways.

"I'll look forward to it." she replies, offering a wave of the fingers. 

Looking over the folded veil a little longer and examining the translucent fabric and its sheer shimmer in the daylight, Aya only slowly lets her mind drift back to the matters at hand.  With a resigned shrug of the shoulders she turns to take a seat once more, watching the traffic move to and fro across the bridges of the busy little cross-road.

At least the day had not been entirely boring, and bore witness to a wonderfully pleasant gift, while tempting opportunities seemed to float on the horizon.