Sid Meier's Civilization V

It is really, REALLY fun. Like, whoa. I might end up shelfing FFXIV for it! Haha, no, probably not, but it makes for a good LAN game. I have a lot of friends who got it, and I'm really looking forward to this weekend 'cos it looks like it'll be my first opportunity to play a full game with people. :D

Got to admit, I sort of miss religion being involved.

I mean, don't get me wrong. Civilization IV took it way too far, and if you focused on just gobbling religions up, you were all but assured a cultural victory. Not to mention it was overpowered in other ways as well, ranging from benefits given to units, to all the money you raked in from religious wonders, and so on.

But it had its place, and if it had been watered down and diluted a little but, it could have been nice to keep.

C'est la vie, though. The demo's been very fun so far, and I have very few, if any complaints about it.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this one.

For those of you thinking of buying... the boxed copy is the same price as the Steam copy and doesn't offer anything you don't get with the Steam version. You can also pay a little more to get the deluxe version on Steam which has another civ but I think I'll pass on that. One really cool thing about buying it on Steam is that they will be donating some of the proceeds to a charity and you can choose which charity you want yours to go to. :moogle:

EDIT: Erf... just bought but had no option to choose a charity... :|

Guess we all know where Ragnar has been lately... He's already preparing an attack from the inside of the comming expansion.

QFT. Personally, I miss Joao II of Portugal... he was the most foppish of the dandies. :<

However, it looks like Wu Zetian of China shall soon win my heart... I always did love the Great General bonuses. :D

Not sure what to do now. :|

Declare war on your own?

Yeah I am thinking I will war declare America before that turn hits.

Yup, this kept me up til around 4 this morning. I meant to get to bed by 1...

and so it begins. All I can say is thank god for FFXIV.

Hehe... Yes I feel the same way. It's amazing how fast time flies playing it.

Just....one....more....turn!

Just....one....more....turn!

As much as I love the Civ games, this is why I'll be staying away from the game for a while.

"Well, once I get this tech, i'll save and quit"

/Get the tech

"Awww.. but I want to see the unit it unlocked"

/Built the unit

"Oh dang! George Washington just declared war! Curse him"

/Mobilize the army.

"Must.... defend... city...from.. upcoming ...doom"

/Play till the city is safe

/look out the window

"Huh!? The sun is rising! What happened to the night?"

Yeah, and it all started with.. one more turn!

Now add FFXIV in the mix. Instant-win for a PH.D in Ermit life-style

• 2 weeks later...