Heya! New to the game!

Heya guys!

I'm new to playing FFXIV, though I'm a long time RPer. I currently play WoW, but wanted to try out this game.

RP is what really keeps me in a game, otherwise I would have left WoW years ago. How is the RP and RP community here? I've seen the taverns having some RPers, and seen some walking around. So that's good! :)

I'm really enjoying playing so far, but would really like to get involved with roleplay and the community. I'm a bit shy and hesitant to jump right in, and a complete newb to the game and how things may go here.

Anyone have any suggestions for guilds/Linkshells? Or where the RP hub locations are? Also any other advice, suggestions, etc for a newbie here? Thanks! :D

I'd be more than happy to RP with anyone who'd want to be up for it. Also, sorry for rambling. >.> ... I'm also not sure who my main character will be yet, currently seeing which class/race/character clicks with me. And making characters is too fun and in depth in this game. Love it! <3 Can't wait to draw some of them. :3

Guest Ragnar

Welcome to the game and the RPC! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here :D.

As for hubs, Ul'dah has RP everywhere, Limsa has a growing group, Gridania I don't know much about, but all the housing areas have a fair bit as well. Plenty of open world RP too. If you find yourself in the Ul'dah/Thanalan region, don't be afraid to say hi if you see me.

I can't speak for the Gilgamesh RP hotspots and such, though I'd assume it's going swimmingly. But RP is going strong in Balmung. For us Ul'dah seems to be the default 'hub' people tend to gravitate to. With Limsa undergoing a 'revival'. Gridania tends to be a bit light in RPers... But I see a lot of RP in the Shroud itself.

If you look at the 'making connections' forums below you can see all sorts of different things people are looking for. Or post your own to start meeting folks once you get a better idea of your character and what sort of RP connections you're wanting to make. As far as LS/FCs, you can easily get through a list in the menu bar above. There are LSs/FCs for all sorts of tastes and character backgrounds.

Welcome to the game! :)

Thanks for the welcomes! :D

Woops, I should have mentioned my characters are on Balmung. I'll definitely keep an eye out for RP in Ul'dah and the other places... and... everywhere else! :P

Right now I'm just sort of rushing to get some of the chars I made to level 15 so I can do the event quest I think you get a special outfit from it?... Not sure. >.> Otherwise I'd be rushing for nothing. xD Oh well!

But yeah! If I see either of you two around, I'll put my RP cap on and say hi IC. :P

Heya guys!

I'm new to playing FFXIV, though I'm a long time RPer. I currently play WoW, but wanted to try out this game.

RP is what really keeps me in a game, otherwise I would have left WoW years ago. How is the RP and RP community here? I've seen the taverns having some RPers, and seen some walking around. So that's good! :)

I'm really enjoying playing so far, but would really like to get involved with roleplay and the community. I'm a bit shy and hesitant to jump right in, and a complete newb to the game and how things may go here.

Anyone have any suggestions for guilds/Linkshells? Or where the RP hub locations are? Also any other advice, suggestions, etc for a newbie here? Thanks! :D

I'd be more than happy to RP with anyone who'd want to be up for it. Also, sorry for rambling. >.> ... I'm also not sure who my main character will be yet, currently seeing which class/race/character clicks with me. And making characters is too fun and in depth in this game. Love it! <3 Can't wait to draw some of them. :3

Welcome to the RPC, Geneticdork! As you can see, there's plenty of RP scattered across the entirety of Balmung, so you're bound to find something you like.

If you ever catch sight of Averill on your wanderings - he's usually between Ul'dah and Gridania - don't hesitate to say hi! I'm always IC and always up for some chatter. :D