[Episodic] Large Corrupted Monsters (Episode 1)

Slated to start on 09/05/14, moving forward for 2-3 weeks, then 2-3 weeks off, then another phase. 

Goal for this RP...

The goal for this RP is to spread RP amongst more people. To have more becoming actively involved with one another, by requiring small/large groups that all can participate in together and get rewarded together. This is to give Combat-style RP'ers, as well as healers, a chance at having a fun fight. 

The IC Story...

Hunt Corruption: 

Large monsters roaming the land matching descriptions of S-rank 'hunt' targets have been located. These beasts, massive in size, differ in that their form is less defined. Their bodies suffer a sort of black corruption that trails along them, and as they're cut, often dissipates into the air. To make sure that this threat is eliminated quickly and hastily, we are putting out a large gil reward for each of the hunt target's heads. 

A-rank:

(Requires 3 minimum, split 3 ways:  30k) 

Hellsclaw

Sabotender Balerina

Alectractyon

Girtab

Forneus

S-rank:

(Requires 7-man parties, split 7 ways : 70k) 

Nandi

Mindflayer

Zona Seeker

Safat

Agrippa

OoC:

This is a series of fights designed to be combat characters. Each one is requested to bring a certain number of people, as would be appropriate for the size. Keep in mind, S-rank hunt targets are usually -massive- in scale. Thus, a full party (7) is recommended (One spot for a DM.) Keep in mind, these are not actually the hunt targets, but imitations of them - thus, the continuity of knowing an S-rank is not affected. 

A dice system is in place for those who would like to use dice, see below:

Dice System

S-rank:

All players recieve 3 HP. Boss recieved 7 HP.

All of the bosses attacks will be AoE and will occur every 3 attacks. Everyone will roll for Defense whenever the boss attacks, and will take damage based upon the written word. 

A-rank:

All players recieve 3 HP. Boss recieved 6 HP.

Boss's attacks are single target, designed to try and eliminate single targets, unless otherwise specified (Some bosses have cleaves, please look forward to it.) 

Players will roll in order, with the boss always rolling at the start of the fight, then every 2 attacks.

Each mosnter must be taken on by the minimum required. More are allowed to fight. The event ends when all are killed by a party ICly. Each reward is split as directed above. Each fight is a DM-based fight, Free-form combat. Please ensure to have an approved DM present for the fights. 

Applications will be accepted here. Please use the following Format: 

Team Name: 

Date Requested: 

Time Requested: 

Team Members: 

Fill in (Single Members) May apply as well! If you feel you want to participate, but dont' have 2-6 friends, please submit the application below! 

Character name: 

Times available: 

Limitations: 

If after 2-3 weeks all monsters are not dead, then they will fade and the reward will be rescinded, so that the RP might continue. 

Further, those who suffer injuries or wish to be involved in further RP, are politely asked to know the following: 

Becoming affected by the corruption on the hunt targets, means you can suffer any of the following detrimental effects: 

• Fever
  • Rash
  • 'Black Lung' like effects, wherein you start to cough black smog. 
  • 'pink eye' type effects, with a darkened crust. 
  • Blood that seems almost to be slosh-like. 
  • Aetherical issues, such as failure to cast spells, spells having different effects, or even spells having opposite and enhanced effects. 
  • Possibility of infecting others by touch (low), prolonged proximity (low), or healing/being attacked by aetherical attacks (High) 

What we're looking for before getting this started...

Trustworthy DM's! We need people willing to help coordinate this. 

People willing to help RP and spread the 'corruption' aspect, as it will continue into future RP. 

Advice! I welcome advice, more than readily! :)

Current Contacts: 

Caex'ra Vaeriar

A'rytiss Edar

Feel free to contact in-game!

As much as I love this idea, and trust me I do, it may be easier to choose fate monsters instead. The amount of people who go after S and A mobs isn't a joke. If those participating want more than, "Look, there it is! Kill it!" as their emotes, well, fate monsters would be the way to go. It would still allow those involved to "track" the creatures, and they wouldn't be swarmed by the 70+ people hunting.

I have some mobs that I can recommend, I just need to look up their names/FATE names again.

Just my two cents though!

As much as I love this idea, and trust me I do, it may be easier to choose fate monsters instead. The amount of people who go after S and A mobs isn't a joke. If those participating want more than, "Look, there it is! Kill it!" as their emotes, well, fate monsters would be the way to go. It would still allow those involved to "track" the creatures, and they wouldn't be swarmed by the 70+ people hunting.

I have some mobs that I can recommend, I just need to look up their names/FATE names again.

Just my two cents though!

We won't be using actual visual monsters, it's open-postings with their template used for the posts, not actually visually there though (Otherwise timing would be impossible, as you said) But thank you for the advice! :)

We won't be using actual visual monsters, it's open-postings with their template used for the posts, not actually visually there though (Otherwise timing would be impossible, as you said) But thank you for the advice! :)

Oh! My apologies then. I was in the middle of hunting when I read that, so you'll have to forgive my misinterpretation. n.n;

Regardless, I'm still up for this! It sounds like a lot of fun. I would be willingly to DM as well as hunt monsters.

Character name: Menelwen Veara

Times available: Excluding the dates and times listed below, I am free most evenings and weekends.

Limitations: Wed/Thur nights from 7-10pm PST. Friday night from 9-10pm EST.