Ascetic warrior/monk group?

Jael'li

I've been meaning to throw this idea out there and see what kind of feedback I get. Basically, I wanted to see many of the martial artists, paladins, and any other characters who believe themselves to be warriors of the Twelve to get connected and work together towards the common goal of preserving life through hunting aberrations such as voidsent, cultists, and whatever else poses a threat to the advancement of Creation.

Not only that, but perhaps sharing philosophies or invented styles of combat the likes of which haven't been seen before! It's an era of change and diversity, so it's only natural for new ways of combat or aetheric manipulation to reveal themselves. 

I'd love to hear some thoughts and ideas on this topic, either in reply to this thread or through Pms in game or on the sight! I don't plan on making it anything more than a linkshell, as I don't believe I really qualify to be anything in the way of a leader.

I've been meaning to throw this idea out there and see what kind of feedback I get. Basically, I wanted to see many of the martial artists, paladins, and any other characters who believe themselves to be warriors of the Twelve to get connected and work together towards the common goal of preserving life through hunting aberrations such as voidsent, cultists, and whatever else poses a threat to the advancement of Creation.

Not only that, but perhaps sharing philosophies or invented styles of combat the likes of which haven't been seen before! It's an era of change and diversity, so it's only natural for new ways of combat or aetheric manipulation to reveal themselves. 

I'd love to hear some thoughts and ideas on this topic, either in reply to this thread or through Pms in game or on the sight! I don't plan on making it anything more than a linkshell, as I don't believe I really qualify to be anything in the way of a leader.

I believe this idea merits great potential! I've been wondering why it hasn't been done yet.

and why not become a leader?

I believe this idea merits great potential! I've been wondering why it hasn't been done yet.

and why not become a leader?

I think I'm always eager to pass the title on to someone else who I think can do a far better job, is all. I wouldn't want a good idea to go to waste because of poor leadership!

I've been thinking along these same lines for quite a while now.

For the past few weeks I've been toying with a similar idea. I've often been the Paladin persona in the games I've played, but the Paladins in this game are so politically specific it turned me off to it. After a year I've finally made my character into his own version of a Free Paladin.

I've also thought of starting up a little stand-alone Order aside from FC affiliations. (I lead a corporation FC that hunts Voidsent) I've been wanting a lot more philosophy and for the lack of a better term, piety.

So in short, I'm really interested in this. I would love to have some character sitting around discussing philosophy like in Socrates's day. Let me know if there is anything to help out. I think there's potential for a lot of fun here.

I agree whole heartedly, Sir! My feelings towards monks are similar to yours, in the way that there is really nothing that ties them to the Divine save for the Fists of Rhalgr, which most really wouldn't have access to unless they were, in fact, from Ala Mhigo. 

Forming a new monkhood isn't really the idea, but simply introducing new aspects for people looking to create/develop more spiritual characters. I will try to contact any and all in game who respond to this to brainstorm!

Jael'li, I think that you have a really neat idea here!  An "Order" as someone suggested could be cool, with a school that trains monks/rogues in the art of understanding the Twelve and nature perhaps?

If you have ideas to get an idea like that off the ground, contact me.  =3

I will definitely do this, Ma'am! Training any and all who wish to learn, possibly even overlooking their current alignment in an attempt to guide them towards a better path would be a nice twist for some characters.

I'll just dump my brainstorms for idea building. I'm not saying "DO THIS" or "This is my fantastic idea" and more of "Here's the contents of my brain"

I considered calling something like this the "Order of the White Hand." Basically the symbolism of the white hand is purity of action. Even though your thoughts or words may not always be pure or good or whatever else, what you DO and how you effect the world around you is important.

Whatever you call or it what you focus on, there could be a really solid opening for different lines of philosophy. Like Socrates's "What is piety?" and "What is justice" sort of thinking. And his conversation about whether what is pious came before or after the gods. Or Kant style discussions of duty and the categorical imperative.

Unless someone stops me, I might just keep ranting about random stuff hoping something has some validity.

I'll just dump my brainstorms for idea building. I'm not saying "DO THIS" or "This is my fantastic idea" and more of "Here's the contents of my brain"

I considered calling something like this the "Order of the White Hand." Basically the symbolism of the white hand is purity of action. Even though your thoughts or words may not always be pure or good or whatever else, what you DO and how you effect the world around you is important.

Whatever you call or it what you focus on, there could be a really solid opening for different lines of philosophy. Like Socrates's "What is piety?" and "What is justice" sort of thinking. And his conversation about whether what is pious came before or after the gods. Or Kant style discussions of duty and the categorical imperative.

Unless someone stops me, I might just keep ranting about random stuff hoping something has some validity.

I wouldn't dare stop you from dumping ideas! It can really help. 

There can be many discussions in philosophy, such as discussing Righteousness or the difference between relative good and absolute good. Learning the views of others to help better understand your own can really impact a character. 

I personally love where your head is at and will completely encourage this type of thinking should I get something started!