Maraux Baelmont

I. Basic Info 

• Characters:Maraux Baelmont
  • Primary character:Maraux Baelmont
  • Linkshells:N/A
  • Primary RP linkshell:N/A

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I am most certainly a heavy RPers. For me, the most enjoyable form of RP to take part in is that of a long term storyline or recurrent interaction between multiple characters. 

I figure I should also add here, that as an RPer I enjoy putting considerable effort and time into my emotes and posts. As such, I sometimes lock in on a thought and type out extremely lengthy emotes. If one of my characters ever bumps into one of yours and I don't seem to respond for two or three minutes, it is entirely possible that i'm not responding because i'm in the midst of formulating a post the size of a small novel.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I have, in the past, found RP combat to be incredibly enjoyable, especially when it is used as a culmination to a plotline or RP. In terms of actual systems for combat RP, I prefer not to use rolls in favor of free-form combat. I am well aware of the extents of my charater's own combative abilities, and as a result I enjoy simply letting the punches roll as I find it to allow more creativity in regards to writing. That said, I am not entirely averse to rolling for combat, I just tend to prefer against it as the random chance that rolling brings with it can, more often than not, take away from the realism and flow of the RP. 

In regards to injuries, I enjoy RPing them and writing a character who has been wounded or injured in some way, shape or form. I find that it adds a new layer of depths to RP and can serve as an outstanding plot device.

• Views on IC romance:
    Romance can be one of the most compelling, interesting and overall enjoyable themes to take part in RPing, and I am more than happy to take part in romance and anything that comes with it. I've come to find that the most enjoyable character i've written/RPed in the past in various other settings have been dynamic characters who have evolved considerably through the course of RP, and romance has consistently been one of the most dramatic causes of evolution in my past characters.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Non-romantic RP is just as awesome as romantic RP can be, and I enjoy it just as much. I also thoroughly enjoy characters who have background ties to my own.(Whether this is a familial blood-tie, or nothing more than a brief meeting in the distant past)

• Views on lore:
    I am brand new to FFXIV as a whole, and as such I am sure i'll manage to goof on lore at some point or another. With that said however, i've spent altogether far too much time reading just about every ounce of lore I can find. I believe that lore should be taken into account when in comes to RP, and that it should be followed to the best of the RPers ability... With that in mind, I also understand how lore can also at times restrict the creativity of RPers, and I personally don't mind seeing lore bent to minor extents, provided that the bend is logical and has considerable reasoning behind it. Anything beyond minor bends is going to be quite a bit more difficult for me to understand and/or accept in terms of RP... Trying to tell me that your character is the literal son of Bahamut isn't really going to fly...

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Anything I post in /say, /em or an IC /linkshell is likely going to be IC unless it is in double brackets, or would be so absurd that it quite frankly couldn't be IC. Anywhere else will be OOC unless I expressly say otherwise. In regards to my own emotes, I like to write... A lot... So the vast majority of my emotes will be in custom /em emotes, and will likely be long to a point of excess.

III. Other Info 

• Timezone:EST
  • Contact info:Feel free to PM me, respond to this post, or shoot me a /tell in game if you'd like to RP. If anyone here uses Enjin I can also be found on Enjin by the name Infernus Anguis.

For the time being, I haven't had the chance to RP or heavily development my Wildwood Elezen Maraux Baelmont, but I have established a base concept for the character. My goal for the character is for him to be a former resident of Ala Mhigo, and as such his patron would be Rhalgr. Maraux is now a resistance fighter bringing the fight to the interlopers who's actions lead to his departure from his homeland. As such, the character will likely harbor a radical hatred that borders upon the extent of extremism toward the Garlean Empire and any who serve them. So with that in mind! Let me know if you have a character who you think would enjoy meeting him!

For any interested, Maraux's IC character inspiration tumblr can be found here.

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]