Smuggler Imprisoned. [Mostly Open and OOC welcome]

((Not going to lie, the idea of doing it here was heavily inspired by Jail Talk, but due to the nature of this guy's confinement I'm making it a unique thread))

((What's known by all:  Shasharaji Rururaji was a pretty well to do Ul'dahn merchant, until his mine dried up.  His family is starting to lose their fortune, but not too fast.  "Think bankrupt millionaire type deal"  He's been arrested and placed in a solitary cell away from other inmates and denyed all visitation without prior approval from watch captain, who's very unlikely to give it to anyone not in a official capacity.))

((Less known but those with connections or anyone associated with Flames/Blades would know.  Shasharaji is arrested due to his connection with the smuggling operation bringing Garlean 3rd eyes into the city, who his connections are is still completely unknown as they've been waiting with someone with more rank to conduct the formal interrogation.  At least on attempt on his life has already been thwarted (hence the solitary confinement)))

The lalafell continues to pace, back and forth from cell wall and back, hands behind his back and a thousand yard stare going out. "It wasn't supposed to be like this..." You'd hear him mutter every now and then.  His eyes are drooping, if he's gotten any sleep since his confinement it hasn't been restful.  He walks up the bars of his cell and looks out, having long given up on any hope of calling a guard down to argue his case, he just looks out before continuing his pacing. 

"They won't execute me for this.  No no no, I didn't know what was in the crate." He pauses his pacing before shaking his head. "No, they'll know that's false immediately, but its Garleans right?  No love lost there?"  He continues pacing while having this debate with himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly, the sound of footsteps would echo towards the Lalafell's ears as someone paced methodically down the hall, every few steps the hall seemed to be darker as if someone snuffed out the torches. It could have been the guard, but doubtless they would not spend so much time to simply walk to a cell. The pacing and the individual to which the sounds belonged, stopped abruptly at the cell's door. The lighting was dim, where they stood, a silhouette with minor details able to be seen just in the gloom, if one squinted. It was a male, with his posture and framing, that much was clear, but he was dressed to blend in with the dark and gave no other details about his appearance, carefully hidden beneath his indescript clothing and black mask. He radiated a coldness, a hard, emotionless face, matched with emotionless, professional demeanor. After a moment of staring into the cell from the entrance, he would merely state in a neutral tone, "We have business to discuss."

If he heard the man's approach he made no note of it, even giving a bit of a start when he arrived at the cell door proper. Squinting his eyes as he looks up at him, trying to make out more details than the light will allow.  Giving up he looks down and shakes his head.  "Only one kind of person comes into a gaol wearing a mask. If you would though, how much are they paying you?  Would like to know how much they consider my life to be worth."

He steps back and hops up on to the bed, sitting on the side without looking towards the door again.  Down the hallway they can hear the ambience of people talking.  Probably the guards in another one of their games.

Satoru would let out a small chuckle at the lalafell. "Indeed, only one. However, I am not here for your life, yet. You have information I require. Who were you shipping that container for? I need a name, because currently there are two paths that can be taken. The path of the fool and soon to be dead, and the path of they who aid in the death of another. Deny me the information, and you take the first path." He would say this all matter of factly. He'd have no emotion short of that small chuckle. It would not be clear on who his threat would be carried out, yet, however. His vague notion of dread being something he would be glad to promote.

Shasharaji eyes the intruder for a bit, although unable to make out much detail.  "So let me run this by you.  I tell you, and you might kill me, but the Blades will most certainly see to it, if not my debtor.  I don't tell you, you kill me and you're none the closer to your information."  He turns his back on the man and starts walking back towards his bunk.  "If you're to kill me, it would have to be quick, too much noise and a jailer will come investigate."  Hopping up to the bunk to sit and look straight at the man again.  "So tell me, what do I gain by co-operating with you?"

The light chuckle that had been heard from the mask before, reappeared for a few moments. "You believe that I would kill you here? You are quite wrong, of course I would not. That would be unnecessarily risky and liable for me to be caught. No. That is what an amateur would do. However, I know that your prison is also your fortress. You are much safer here, than outside. If I ensured your release, you would be at the mercy of me, those who suffered due to the trafficking of the items you are having delivered, the one who contracted you to deliver them, and the one who was to receive them. Who is most dangerous is unknown, only that you would die within a day or two, most likely." He'd step forward closer to the door so that the light would shine on his features a bit more. "If I were to kill you, I would not do so without learning the truth, regardless. There are tonics in this world that allow me to conduct interrogations rather efficiently. They make individuals very susceptible to suggestions. Along with more archaic methods. The choice is yours."

If he's phased by the threat it doesn't show.  "Haven't you ever heard the saying about the flies and honey?  You're right of course.  This is the closest I'll have to a fortress, the guards are my guards.  I yell and they'll come check out what's happening. I'm slated to be executed, so threats of death won't scare me.  And while I'm certain you could do all you're saying, you scare me less than those who would harm me if I spoke.  So either sweeten the deal, kill me, or be on your way."  He folds his arms at his bunk as a cheer can be heard from the guard's at their post.

"Someone's lucky at dice today, which means someone else is unlucky.  Might want to take their frustrations out on someone."

While it wouldn't be seen, a smile could be heard as Satoru spoke. "You make a good point. Since death by some means is already soon approaching, regardless, it lacks the same kind of impact. However, a long time suffering, being able to be tortured and kept alive for prolonged period, is something I can offer you, if you refuse to tell me who you would be working for. It is not as though you would have any more loyalty to them, as you are now also their... loose end, to tie up. If you cooperate, I can most likely have your charges reduced to merely imprisonment, with better furnishings than you have currently. While you would still not have your freedom, you would have your safety." 

He too would have noticed the sound of the guards playing, his arms crossed in an unusual way would shift ever so slightly in response.