Tales of Legend and Adventure : Sagas from Hydaelyn

A new poster is pinned up carefully on the board.

xUrg4.jpg

The Eorzean Guard kindly invites one and all to a night of storytelling and lore,

"Tales of Legend and Adventure : Sagas from Hydaelyn"

Let each hero and heroine come and share tales of glory and valor! Let the maiden whisper poems of love found and cry requiem for love betrayed! Call forth the bard within, weaving words into stanza and sonata! Stories of joy and sadness, songs of victory and defeat, come to hear the epics being whispered throughout the land... and perhaps

to start one of your own!

We gather at the Mih Khetto Amphitheater in Gridania on the 23rd Sun of the 2nd Umbral Moon at the 17th bell. Sit among old friends and friends to be with open ears and open hearts, and maybe a little wine.

If you wish to share a tale with those gathered, please contact Deirdre Ta'ea, available on the 19th Sun or the 20th Sun of the 2nd Umbral Moon. The day may only bear witness to so many stories, few spots remain!

---

Event Details

When - Saturday April 23rd at 5 pm PST

Where - Gridania, Mih Khetto Ampitheater

This is an event where stories can be told, whether true of false, or a mix of both. It is a time for us to gather and listen to one another and bond as a community. Only so many story-tellers can attend, but the audience is free and open for all. The length of the event will be 1-2 hours where people may come and go. Due to chatter, a pearl will be handed out for the event for the story-tellers to speak through so all may listen and freely comment/emote.

Contact Deirdre Taea with questions or concerns or if you'd like to tell a story. Applying for this ICly can be done today at 10 pm PST or tomorrow at 6pm PST at the Golden Court. If you are unable to at these times contact any member in the Eorzean Guard for her whereabouts.

Will there be another event like this? I'd love to attend and maybe even bring a story, but I'll be out of town this weekend due to Easter... :oops:

Oskar's story for those who couldn't come:

A long time ego there lived a wealthy king in a large palace. A rumor spread among his servants about the fastest stag they have ever seen. In one leap he would go from the fields into the forests, and in another from the forests into the mountains. The hoof of his hind leg glittered in the sunlight, for it was golden. Everywhere the stag walked, ran, or leapt a trail of Gil follows, bursting out from underneath his step.

The king wanted this stag, for he was a greedy man. The idea of peasants finding Gil in his own fields annoyed him, so he called out for his sons to fetch him the stag's golden hoof. The first son took an axe and went into the woods, and never returned.

The second took a sword and went into the mountains, and never returned. The third son took a bow and arrows, and went out into the fields. He saw the stag from far away and shot. The arrow hit, piercing the stag's powerful hind leg, the leg with the golden hoof. And so he couldn't leap away.

As the youngest son approached the stag, the stag pleaded, âPlease kind man, don't kill me for my hoof. Instead, take me to your father alive, and I'll give him all the Gil he wants!â The young man felt bad for the creature, and took him to the king alive.

âO this filthy beast lives! But I do not need a stag, I want it's hoof!â the king shouted as his son came into the palace. The son bowed to his father's feet and said, âI couldn't kill the animal, my dear father.â

âRubbish!â the king replied, taking a dagger to the stag's throat, âyou big hearted fool! I'll kill the beast myself!â but the stag spoke out, âNo! My hoof will not spout you Gil if you kill me, king,â and so the king paused, thinking.

âSo be it, stag! You will hit the ground and make me Gil until you perish!â

âAs you wish, king. But note that if you say 'Enough!' all of the Gil will turn to stone!â

And so the stag began hitting the floor, showering everyone with Gil. The atmosphere was jovial. âMore! More!â the king yelled, laughing and tossing Gil in the air. The peasants all took it in handfuls and left, while the king and his only remaining son were left in the chamber. The hoof ringed against the floor, waves of coin flying towards the king until he himself was barely visible!

âStop!â the king yelled as he gasped for breath, trying to climb out of the pile, âStop!â

But the stag wouldn't let up, and continued to hit the floor with it's golden hoof.

The king now drowning in Gil screamed out âEnough! Enough!â and so the pile began to turn dark. In just a few moments it was stone, and the king was never heard from again.

The stag hit the floor one last time as it leapt away, Gil flying toward the youngest son who spared the stag's life. With that Gil he helped the poor peasants and built his own palace, and in time found a beautiful wife and himself became king.

• 2 weeks later...

A new poster is pinned up in place of the last.

lWZO7.jpg

The Eorzean Guard kindly invites one and all to the second night of storytelling and lore,

"Tales of Legend and Adventure : Sagas from Hydaelyn II"

Let each hero and heroine come and share tales of glory and valour! Let the maiden whisper poems of love found and cry requiem for love betrayed! Call forth the bard within, weaving words into stanza and sonata! Stories of joy and sadness, songs of victory and defeat, come to hear the epics being whispered throughout the land... and perhaps

to start one of your own!

We gather at the Mih Khetto Amphitheatre in Gridania on the 14th Sun of the 3nd Astral Moon at the 17th bell. Sit among old and new friends with open ears and open hearts, and maybe a little wine.

If you wish to share a tale with those gathered, please contact Deirdre Ta'ea or the Eorzean Guard for her whereabouts. Few spots remain!

---

Event Details

When - Saturday May 14th at 5 pm PST

Where - Gridania, Mih Khetto Ampitheater

This is an event where stories can be told, whether true of false, or a mix of both. It is a time for us to gather and listen to one another and bond as a community. Only so many story-tellers can attend, but the audience is free and open for all. The length of the event will be 1.5-2 hours where people may come and go. Due to chatter, a pearl will be handed out for the event for the story-tellers to speak through so all may listen and freely comment/emote.

Contact Deirdre Taea with questions or concerns or if you'd like to tell a story. If you are unable to contact me, any member in the Eorzean Guard can provide my location.