Sayuri Katayama

Sayuri

About time I posted one of these

RL Name: who cares?

RL Age: 18

Timezone: Eastern

RL Gender: F

--Why do you like to RP?

Several reasons. I do alot of creative writing so it'd only be natural RP would be a fun passtime. But more importantly, it's an escape.

Basic info

--Characters: Sayuri Katayama

--Current primary linkshell: Alliance of Defiance

RP Preferences:

--RP style (Casual, moderate, or heavy)? moderate to heavy, sayuri is always in character, any OOC chat is in parenthesis.

--Are you willing to RP a fight scene in game? If so, preferred method of combat? (/randoming, skill based, etc)

Totally. It's in Sayuri's nature NOT to play nicely :D. I'm going to go with player experience on this one, though. I spent a lot of hard work developing Sayuri, Rp-wise and game wise. It kinda irks me when a rank 30 in inferior gear shows up and picks a fight and "wins" when Sayuri is a rank 50 marauder. Now, if we were both rank 50, I'd totally be cool with working it out OOC(what does Sayuri have to gain from winning? The other character? Which would be more fun?) or randoming. To me, a rank 30 fighting a rank 50 and winning is like god-mode (unless the rank 50 was in a weak state or wanted to lose.) That's just my two cents.

--Are you willing to take major injuries in game? (ie limb loss, comas, etc.)

Yes, long as it doesn't limit in what Sayuri's able to do forever. I enjoy roleplaying a pirate captain, and if Sayuri's not battle fit ever again, I will be greatly saddened. Losing an eye? Sure, why not, that's what eye patches are for. Coma for 2 weeks? I can handle that. Losing an arm and never fighting again? No, sorry, that's just not going to fly.

--Under what circumstances, if any, would you allow your character to be killed off?

Never. Sayuri's just too important to me.

--Are you willing to RP romance in game? How far are you willing to go?

Sayuri's in love with Amalthea Ghoulheart. That is all.

--What kind of non-romantic RP relationships are you seeking? (family ties, etc)

Non-familial, rivals especially, but old friends and acquaintances are nice as well.

--How far from the actual lore are you willing to stray?

This one depends entirely on the content and context I think. There's alot of pieces missing in the lore of FFXIV, so improvising in these grey areas is perfectly fine. I'm a bit of a picky person, so if i know a particular character makes a lot of things up on their own, I'll just avoid RPing with them.

--Views on chat functions (IC vs OOC in /party, /linkshell, /say)?

/say is always in character, party ALMOST always OOC(unless the parties being used for a RP event), my linkshell is both IC and OOC, using parenthesis to differentiate.

--Will most of your RP be confined in a single linkshell or will you try to RP with as many as possible?

To be honest, Sayuri's nature isn't exactly friendly, so pretty much within my own linkshell. Although Sayuri may approach others to "recruit" them, from time to time. And of course, she does have friends/acqaintances from other groups.

--How do you prefer to be contacted? (PM or post in this thread)

Either or