Greetings from a curious newbie

Ney

Hihi, I'm a veteran to the game but new to its RP community, its something I've always had a tentative curiosity towards but never had the courage to jump into.

The last time I role played was many years ago in other games such as Ragnarok and Ultima online but I'd like to try again.

Are there many different themes of roleplay on xiv or does everyone sick with the Eorzean lore native canon?

Most of my prior experience involves isekai (from another world) style rp so while I'd still like to try standard "born and bred in Eorzea" rp I'm tempted to start off on more familiar grounds if possible.

I'm EU based, though looking to start from scratch on any server and hoping to make friends in the process.

I look forward to RP'ing with you all.

Are there many different themes of foreplay on xiv

Nahh, most themes of foreplay revolve around sex....:thumbsup:

Funny typo (I assume?) aside, you can usually find any type of RP that you'd like, lore friendly, and not so much. But I'd say a good 80% of roleplayers here stick to the in-game universe/lore.

Are there many different themes of foreplay on xiv

Nahh, most themes of foreplay revolve around sex....:thumbsup:

Funny typo (I assume?) aside, you can usually find any type of RP that you'd like, lore friendly, and not so much. But I'd say a good 80% of roleplayers here stick to the in-game universe/lore.

Omg! That's a typo and a half xD.

I always feel a little overwhelmed with lore based roleplay, though it's something I've been reading into quite a lot.

Other world style did seem like a niche so it's nice to have it semi confirmed.

I did look at one group on Mateus who have taken a unique twist on both, but time zone differences have made it impossible to join their linkshell.

What would be best option for someone EU based irl in terms of server?

I always feel a little overwhelmed with lore based roleplay, though it's something I've been reading into quite a lot.

With this, don't worry overmuch about needing to memorize all the lore before RPing - most people, even on the continent of Eorzea, would be concerned mostly or entirely with what's going on in their own lives and around them, and not know or care that much about the greater political movements happening half a world away.

So, for example, you could be a miqo'te who had spent most of their life with their clan or tribe and knows very little about the cultures and histories of the nations and races. Or an Au Ra who has just arrived to Eorzean shores, and is unfamiliar with how things are done here. Or a Roegadyn Hellsguard, just recently kicked out of their secluded home in the mountains because of overpopulation, and similarly new to how things are done elsewhere. Or a generic recluse/hermit who has been out of touch with civilization for most of their life.

And if nothing else, there's the old standby of amnesia.